Board index FlightGear Support Tools Atlas

Atlas in Ubuntu 12.04

Atlas is an addon that lets FlightGear users display a real-time "moving-map" of their flight.

Atlas in Ubuntu 12.04

Postby Riwako » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Hello:

I'm trying to use Atlas with FlightGear but i can't do it. I need help. I tried all but i'm not an expert with the terminal.

I installed atlas from Ubuntu's 12.04 repository. I want to generate the maps and run atlas. My paths:

usr/share/games/Atlas (containing folders Fonts, Palettes, airplane_image and background)
usr/share/games/flightgear (my flightgear folder)

Note: I have installed all world scenary, not needed biggest quality for maps. A lot of time for processing!

Help please!
Riwako

Re: Atlas in Ubuntu 12.04

Postby Riwako » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 am

Resolved!
In terminal:

Generate maps:
Map --atlas=/usr/share/games/Atlas/ --fg-root=/usr/share/games/flightgear/ --fg-scenery=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Scenery/

Start Atlas:
Atlas --fg-root=/usr/share/games/flightgear/ --udp=5500 --atlas=/usr/share/games/Atlas/ --fg-scenery=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Scenery/
Riwako

Re: Atlas in Ubuntu 12.04

Postby Froggg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 am

I also am using Kubuntu 12.04 and need help. First off, Atlas runs, and tracks fine, and the navigational info is easy to read and accurate, but the map in Atlas is so blurry that you have to guess where the coast (for example) is. When I launch Map using the command you gave,

Map --atlas=/usr/share/games/Atlas/ --fg-root=/usr/share/games/flightgear/ --fg-scenery=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Scenery/

I get

saveJPEG: can't create '/usr/share/games/Atlas//4/w123n37.jpg'
saveJPEG: can't create '/usr/share/games/Atlas//6/w123n37.jpg'
saveJPEG: can't create '/usr/share/games/Atlas//8/w123n37.jpg'
saveJPEG: can't create '/usr/share/games/Atlas//9/w123n37.jpg'
saveJPEG: can't create '/usr/share/games/Atlas//10/w123n37.jpg'
w123n37: 4, 6, 8, 9, 10
Map: TileMapper.cxx:163: void TileMapper::render(): Assertion `glGetError() == 0' failed.
w122n37: Aborted (core dumped)

When I use the command
Map --atlas=/usr/share/games/Atlas/ --fg-root=/usr/share/games/flightgear/ --fg-scenery=usr/share/games/flightgear/Scenery/

(No, I don't see any difference either) I get no feedback in Terminal, but I'm not sure it's doing anything either. The end result is the same. Can you help?
Froggg

Return to Atlas