Board index FlightGear Support Tools Atlas

Map command

Atlas is an addon that lets FlightGear users display a real-time "moving-map" of their flight.

Re: Map command

Postby santosdumont » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:36 pm

do you have directories named 'flightgear' or 'FlightGear'?
Exactly my point, both of them exist, FGFS has installed itself in /usr/share/games/flightgear but Atlas prefers /usr/share/games/FlightGear. I've now copied everything from flightgear into FlightGear so they're identical and tried every permutation of Map --fg-scenery=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Scenery --atlas=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Atlas using FlightGear instead of flightgear but only get OutputGL::closeOutput: can't create '/usr/share/games/flightgear (or FlightGear) /Atlas/w048s24.png'
santosdumont

Postby bschack » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 pm

santosdumont wrote in Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:36 pm:
do you have directories named 'flightgear' or 'FlightGear'?
Exactly my point, both of them exist, FGFS has installed itself in /usr/share/games/flightgear but Atlas prefers /usr/share/games/FlightGear. I've now copied everything from flightgear into FlightGear so they're identical and tried every permutation of Map --fg-scenery=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Scenery --atlas=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Atlas using FlightGear instead of flightgear but only get OutputGL::closeOutput: can't create '/usr/share/games/flightgear (or FlightGear) /Atlas/w048s24.png'

I don't think you can say that Atlas "prefers" a certain directory - it just put things where you tell it to. In any case, I can't think of anything else, except that maybe you have to have to create the Atlas subdirectory as well. Do you have a /usr/share/games/[Ff]light[Gg]ear/Atlas directory? If so, what are the permissions? Can you create a file there?

Brian
bschack

Postby santosdumont » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 pm

santosdumont

Postby sa7k » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:38 am

You don't have permissions, either create a subdirectory in your /home/ directory to store your maps or give write permissions on that directory (/usr/share/games/flightgear/Atlas) to your user.
sa7k

Callsign: LV-EPM
IRC name: sa7k
Version: git

Postby santosdumont » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:18 pm

To recap: When I installed FGFS from synaptic it installed itself in /usr/share/games/flightgear, when I installed Atlas from software centre it created a folder Atlas in that directory but also created /usr/share/games/FlightGear which only contains AtlasPalette. Permissions for /usr/share/games/flightgear/Atlas are Owner:Root/Folder access:Create and delete files/File access:-.
For Group & Others it's just Access files, so as I understand it Root (me) can write to /usr/share/games/Atlas, unless I'm missing something?

When I point Map at /usr/share/games/flightgear/Atlas it says it Failed to open '/usr/share/games/FlightGear/Fonts/helvetica_medium.txf' for reading. That's because it isn't there!
santosdumont

Previous

Return to Atlas