Board index Other Hangar talk

My plane is trying to guilt trip me, help!

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

My plane is trying to guilt trip me, help!

Postby jeteatsgarbage » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:36 am

I was flying in the F-14 tomcat, spawned at a helipad, started tearing up the countryside, damaged myself after hitting a hill and launching myself into the air (which was just what I needed to get airborne), repaired in midair, and then started trying to break my wings off with G-force, as an amateur screwing around with a realistic flight simulator does.

However, I ran out of fuel while climbing to an altitude I could dive from. As such, I went into the equipment panel and noticed that you could add a payload. I topped up my fuel and gave myself some Aim-9s, and then a weird chat message started to appear every so often from my callsign, "HAVEFIG".

It states "I reloaded in air ..Refueled in air ..Repaired not on ground...", which is admittedly what I did, but why is my plane nagging me about it?
jeteatsgarbage

Re: My plane is trying to guilt trip me, help!

Postby Necolatis » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:15 am

You forgot to mention that you enabled damage. Its an old system that warn the ones you are fighting with that you are not fighting fair, by doing unrealistic stuff. :)
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby jeteatsgarbage » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:26 am

Necolatis wrote in Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:15 am:You forgot to mention that you enabled damage. Its an old system that warn the ones you are fighting with that you are not fighting fair, by doing unrealistic stuff. :)

You're telling me that this sim has PVP? I had no idea. I thought it was just in addons.
jeteatsgarbage

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:14 pm

it depends on the craft... the sim only provides the ability to simulate what the craft requests and MP sends those requests over the multiplayer protocol to other craft within range of your craft... 100nm i think... in any case, it is up to the craft if it provides any type of simulated PvP and damage...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Hangar talk