Board index Other Hangar talk

Make target tracking ai model for uav

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Make target tracking ai model for uav

Postby muammer06 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:01 pm

Hello guys, I am new in here and I am looking for a solution for my problem. We are a team for make uav, I wanna make a reinforcement learning AI and it should be tracking other UAVs. and I am think data is computer vision and other UAV`s gps data so I need training model without really flying therefore simulation program is needed. Can I use Flightgear and matlab together for doing this?
muammer06

Re: Make target tracking ai model for uav

Postby Johan G » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:27 pm

muammer06 wrote in Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:01 pm:[...] I am think data is computer vision and other UAV`s gps data so I need training model without really flying therefore simulation program is needed. Can I use Flightgear and matlab together for doing this?

Is it correct to assume that you intend to simulate your UAV with MATLAB and use FlightGear for the visuals?

Yes, you can simulate your UAV using MATLAB and Simulink and from there drive FlightGear for the visuals. See also the FlightGear wiki article MATLAB (permalink). That article might possibly be a bit out of date, but should at least give you hints on what to search for on the forum.

For the UAVs that your UAV should follow you could use AI scenarios with AI models following AI flightplans. For more on those, see the FlightGear wiki article AI Scenarios#Flightplan scenario (permalink).
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to Hangar talk