Board index Other Hangar talk

Cessna colours

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Cessna colours

Postby wooly » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:09 pm

Hi
As a keen modeller i would like to build the plane i am currently flying and learnt with. It's the Cessna C172 with 4X-CHV markings. as i am slightly colour blind could any one help with the colours? my guess is Royal Blue and white, am i close or far of the mark?

Thanks for any help
wooly
wooly

Re: Cessna colours

Postby Husky Dynamics » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:47 pm

You're spot-on! All fuselage markings are royal blue with the exception of the lowermost stripe (the disconnected one) and the registration number, both of which are light gray. The wing is overall white, with royal blue tips and registration markings.

Don't know if this will help but the hex codes are approximately:
#002363 (blue)
#a4a5a0 (light gray)
Get my custom FG liveries here: https://flightgearhusky.altervista.org/

I'm off at college so I've stopped making liveries (for the time being, at least), but I'm continuing to ensure compatibility for the ones I've already published.
Husky Dynamics

Version: LTS

Postby erik » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:25 am

The topmost stripe on the tail is also light gray.

Update: It should already be available for FlightGear:

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby wooly » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:02 pm

Thanks for the help, fs colour codes is more useful to me, espeiscially (Where's the spell checker ????) the light grey.
The next problem is finding a decent kit, all i can find is a 1/48 Italeri kit which models the Cessna that landed in Red Square. Read some bad reviews about the kit, but oh, love a challenge.
Next question, shall i put progress updates on this site??

Thanks for any help
Wooly
wooly

Postby erik » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 am

Ah now I see: You want to create a scale model from the 4X-CHV.

The color codes are 16251 for gray and 15056 for Blue:
https://d29y7fsthxbb26.cloudfront.net/c ... -01969.jpg

Or "Pepsi Blue" and "Silverado Silver":
https://d29y7fsthxbb26.cloudfront.net/c ... Colors.jpg

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Return to Hangar talk