Board index Other Hangar talk

Kite aerial photography

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Re: Kite aerial photography

Postby Foxalive » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Wow, it's so interesting to see good-quality aerial photographs. Thanks for sharing your how-to videos and posting the details. What about some night sky photography? I would really like to see some not photoshopped beautiful pictures of the sky. I tried it myself on my iPhone, but things were not that easy. Glad I found some help on the internet on it https://backlightblog.com/star-photography-iphone. Some how-to videos and photography taken during nighttime would be a good thing to consider, from my point of view. It would be of great use.
Foxalive

Postby montagdude » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm glad you liked it. As for night sky photography, I think that works better from the ground. After all, the stars don't look any different from the ground or a few hundred feet up. Plus they require long exposures, so it would need to be really well stabilized. It might work with a drone carrying a high-quality camera, but probably not a kite. I have been trying to do some different style KAP pictures lately, though. Here is one I took the other day looking down from directly above a fishing pier.

montagdude

Postby wlbragg » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:36 pm

That is a really cool picture.
I think op may be referring to night images of the ground and ground lighting or city lighting.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby montagdude » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:51 pm

I spent the winter designing a new R/C kite aerial photography rig. Here is a video that shows the build and flight testing.

montagdude

Previous

Return to Hangar talk