Board index Other Hangar talk

Boom

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Re: Boom

Postby Octal450 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:57 pm

-
Last edited by Octal450 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby xpdr_on » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:05 pm

* when others disagree with the progressively more controversial strategy, the user claims to be 'abused' - which takes the topic further away from the original discussion

Nobody asked you to join this conversation to use parts from my posts in order to say that I am making a distant the original discussion. You should blame yourself for that, because you were the person who interveined here and start to use out of context parts of my words. So you are the person who started this argument.
Last edited by xpdr_on on Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xpdr_on
Retired

Postby Thorsten » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:08 pm

So I restrict myself to eating popcorn while reading this thread and pointing out how this fits to the never ending list of this forum putting people down when they dare say anything negative about FG.

Well, let's just say it's common sense to expect that people will in general disagree with you if you say negative things about what they do as their hobby - because if they would agree with you, they would not do it in the first place.

Let's continue with the observation that sniping from the sidelines about what others are supposed to do is cheap whereas actual bug-finding and fixing is not, neither is coding.

Let's finish with the observation that in an OpenSource environment, you are never the victim of the powers all-mighty - if you want something debugged, you can acquire the code and do it, if you want a feature you can code it, and if you disagree with the way the project is run, you can fork it and do your own 'much better Flightgear' just as you want it.

So there's generally little point in 'just hanging around and complaining' - which is why the activity isn't as highly regarded as you would wish.
Thorsten

Postby hans05 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Thorsten wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:08 pm:
So I restrict myself to eating popcorn while reading this thread and pointing out how this fits to the never ending list of this forum putting people down when they dare say anything negative about FG.

[....]

So there's generally little point in 'just hanging around and complaining' - which is why the activity isn't as highly regarded as you would wish.

What gives you the idea that I am complaining?
Eating popcorn and reading this thread is quite a pleasure and I thought it would be clear from what I wrote.

Oh, you probably tried to "think" again!?!
hans05

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:21 pm

xpdr_on wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:35 am: I said that everybody who trust Thorsten here is idiot. Why - because this man is toxic. Trusting him is idiotic act. He came here to argument. He overstepped 2 pages ago and you blame me for his actions??? That's idiotic.

It's clear to see that some people believe that standards of behaviour do not apply online.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby icecode » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:38 pm

You clearly don't know how it works there.

But you clearly do. *shrug*
icecode

Postby xpdr_on » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm

It's clear to see that some people believe that standards of behaviour do not apply online

Legoboyvdlp what would you do if Thorsten came in this topic, decide to take parts from your post and apply his own answers here to them, that are completely irrelevant to the converstion and does not give any clarity of the problem just in attempt to short-change other's people opinion about you? How you will act if this person came here and do this to you, Legoboyvdlp?
Talking about behaviour online. How about the fact that you purposely used Octal450 to do the programming of this planes and betray him like that? You and several others are the reason of Octal to leave. So on your place I would felt ashamed and look for forgiveness from this man.
xpdr_on
Retired

Postby GinGin » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:47 pm

xpdr_on wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm:Talking about behaviour online. How about the fact that you purposely used Octal450 to do the programming of this planes and betray him like that? You and several others are the reason of Octal to leave. So on your place I would felt ashamed and look for forgiveness from this man.

What a Greek tragedy , isn’t it ?
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby Thorsten » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Okay, the troll has had his fun, but I've now reported the latest verbal abuse for moderation.
Thorsten

Postby WoodSTokk » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:54 pm

xpdr_on wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm:Talking about behaviour online. How about the fact that you purposely used Octal450 to do the programming of this planes and betray him like that? You and several others are the reason of Octal to leave.

And you know that because ... ?
The differences between Legoboy and Octal450 are the problem of that two persons (privately).
Both are adult humans and they can discuss it in privat messages.
It's not your problem.

xpdr_on wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm:So on your place I would felt ashamed and look for forgiveness from this man.

If he comes to the conclusion that he was wrong, he will possibly ask Octal450 to forgive him.
But a second time: It's not your problem.

So whats realy your problem here?
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby xpdr_on » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:56 pm

Thorsten wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:50 pm:Okay, the troll has had his fun, but I've now reported the latest verbal abuse for moderation.

For your information I am not a troll. You are talking with PavlinS now.
xpdr_on
Retired

Postby xpdr_on » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:01 pm

WoodSTokk wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:54 pm:
xpdr_on wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm:Talking about behaviour online. How about the fact that you purposely used Octal450 to do the programming of this planes and betray him like that? You and several others are the reason of Octal to leave.

And you know that because ... ?
The differences between Legoboy and Octal450 are the problem of that two persons (privately).
Both are adult humans and they can discuss it in privat messages.
It's not your problem.

xpdr_on wrote in Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm:So on your place I would felt ashamed and look for forgiveness from this man.

If he comes to the conclusion that he was wrong, he will possibly ask Octal450 to forgive him.
But a second time: It's not your problem.

So whats realy your problem here?

I don't have a problem. I have my amazing planes to fly. I came here so I can show you some different perspective - the perspective of already left 3 times user, who made more then 50 videos with FlightGear. Have fun now when Octal450 is gone. He is comming in the sim I use now so this means more for me and less for you.
xpdr_on
Retired

Postby GinGin » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Excellent Pavlin then.
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby xpdr_on » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Here some proof:

xpdr_on
Retired

Postby xpdr_on » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:06 pm

And btw Thorsten thx to you now I'll be banned here. Thank you, man, really appreciate your feedback, calling me troll, not to mention my timeout for 7 days previous time. Thank you for acting like I am troll. When I actually helped FlightGear for so many years.
xpdr_on
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Hangar talk