Board index Other Hangar talk

Jupiter Hell rogue-like Free Demo Weekend starts now!

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Jupiter Hell rogue-like Free Demo Weekend starts now!

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:29 pm

i hope it is ok to post this here... just trying to help spread the word :)

For those that like playing DOOM and also enjoy rogue/nethack, Jupiter Hell is having a Free Demo Weekend! This is the last one before Early Access starts!

Jupiter Hell, roguelike grid-based tactics game, where every step you take is a turn! A modern, yet classic sci-fi roguelike, spiritual successor to D**m, the Roguelike. The epic battle of a lone marine against the forces of hell, taking place on the moons of Jupiter.

A 90's flavored sci-fi universe. The game pits a lone space marine against overwhelming demonic forces. Rip and tear zombies, demons and unmentionable monstrosities, using classic weaponry such as shotguns, chainguns, railguns and the trusty chainsaw. All to the shine of CRT monitors and the tune of heavy metal!

Dive deep into a true form of the 30 year old roguelike game genre that has resurged in popularity. Experience turn-based, grid-based permadeath and fully procedural levels, all in glorious 3D visuals. Get ready for the spiritual successor to DoomRL, the parody roguelike that years ago streamlined the traditional format and popularised a new wave of accessible roguelikes. Distilled, hardcore gameplay, fast-paced challenge and limitless death all await.

Welcome to Jupiter Hell.

Try the FREE pre-EarlyAccess DEMO on Steam now!

1. Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/jupiterhell
2. Message "CRI Command" bot the secret passcode: !Hell4U
3. Play and wishlist!

The Demo period starts at 1000 Pacific, 1300 Eastern, 1700 UTC and goes all weekend...

For those that don't do Discord, here's a direct link to the Steam store...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/811320/Jupiter_Hell/

Warning: PG-13 for language but language can be cleaned up in the settings by adjusting the Voiceover Profanity level.

Disclosure: i'm not affiliated with Jupiter Hell other than being a happy kickstarter backer at Beta level and being able to play the game since it reached Beta...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Hangar talk