Board index Other Hangar talk

My thanks to the Flightgear team...

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

My thanks to the Flightgear team...

Postby nixnerd » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:54 am

Hi,

I've been a Flightgear user for some years athough I post infrequently as I'm involved in other open source virtual world projects and have been for for more than 10 years.

That said, I just want to tell you how proud and grateful I am, that the Flightgear developers and community have achieved so much, I'm able to pilot my little cessna 172 around, in my locality with a great deal of joy and realism.

I'd love to contribute a little to the Flightgear project, in the future, time permitting, but meanwhile I congratulate all the Flightgear developers, users and community for their time, enthusiasm and passion that makes Flightgear the outstanding and wonderful thing it is.

:)
nixnerd

Re: My thanks to the Flightgear team...

Postby Johan G » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:38 pm

nixnerd wrote in Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:54 am:I'd love to contribute a little to the Flightgear project [...]

You already have contributed a little, helping us improve the scenery. :wink:

There are so many ways you could contribute a little. Find your itch and try scratch it. :wink: :D

Some of the more advanced stuff may have a long learning curve (months or years), while other stuff only require reading a few docs and doing trial and error for 30 minutes.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Return to Hangar talk