Board index Other Hangar talk

Any nice third party airports?

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Re: Any nice third party airports?

Postby Catalanoic » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 pm

@legoboyvdlp: 3 options i see; do it the way i described (the 3D object process) and fix the layout, taxiway paths, etc later (maybe it can be done with an airport situated in a small island but i dont know its doable with EGLL) and ship it with the new release and TS but at risk of failing it because of terragear problems keeping the old layout with lots of objects over the grass, 2nd option is adapt all objects (p3000, shared, dedicated,...) to the old/imprecise existing layout and do the option 1 later (too much innecesary work i think) and 3rd no p3000 objects, only add some more shared and keep existing layout (easy way). I prefer first option but i dont know if we have enough time, maybe we can fix layout issue first and submit objects later and distribute with TS.
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:42 pm

It takes about five minutes to run Terragear if you are just processing an airport: I'll try it and see if I can get a good build (that doesn't involve rebuilding the whole tile).
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Unfortunately, no:

Airport itself looks great though!

I think there is a tool to fix the holes now though?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Previous

Return to Hangar talk