Board index Other Hangar talk

FSX

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

FSX

Postby DK2132 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:40 am

do you think I should install FSX
CALLSIGN: KLM-1
AIRPORTS: YSSY, KDFW, YBBN
HANGAR TYPE: mediafire
LIVERY REQUEST SITE: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33472
LIVERY DOWNLOAD SITE: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/u4489dz ... FlightGear
DK2132

Callsign: KLM-1

Re: FSX

Postby robelt » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:25 am

Why not?! FSX is a great simulator, developed by Microsoft with hundreds of PAID programmers and developers. Just don't uninstall FlightGear. :D
Pilot : "Bogey1 is in range..."
Bogey1 : "The Pilot is in range..."
robelt

Callsign: Nemesis
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby berkut » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:09 am

FSX...

On the plus side...

The entire world scenery.
Lots of default aircraft which are not bad,except for the A321,that one is a disaster.
Automated ATC...not the best but it's there.
FPS is pretty stable....
And that's about it.

Minus side....
If you want some really good aircraft,you have to turn the entire internet upside-down. FSX is an old sim so,most add-ons are old. Not to mention paywares....really expensive and sometimes really bad.
Live weather system is another disaster,you need to look for Live Weather add-ons which can be expensive.
Basic scenery can be terrible,soooo,you will have to look for scenery add-ons ...again,can be difficult.

Some planes are far better in FG...
Almost all Airbus planes.
Boeing 757,767,777 and a 787.
Some fighter jets and so on....

And I'm talking about freeware planes.

FSX is a payware so,you have to buy it... FGFS is free. :D

Regards
A winner is a dreamer who never gives up...
berkut

Callsign: Berkut
Version: 2017 3 1

Postby StuartC » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:02 pm

If you like Helicopters, FSX ones look nice but don't fly anything like a helicopter.
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby Octal450 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Default planes are all trash.

If you go buy a PMDG or FSL plane, which sets you back ~$100, then you get realism. (THESE ADDONS ARE NOT OLD, the sim is, but not the addons.)

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby berkut » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:38 pm

Well,not all. Beechcraft planes are not bad at all. King Air for example. I might be wrong but i didn't see it here in FGFS at all.

Cessna 208...same thing. And most of all, the default AP here in FGFS is...let's say,funny. The one in FSX at least seems better. But......that's about it. Everything else barely realistic. I mean,it's possible to climb straight to the cruise level....

On the other side,it would be nice to have something like an FS Passengers ,and an automated ATC,but much more correct and '' intelligent'' than the one in FSX here in FG.

Regards
A winner is a dreamer who never gives up...
berkut

Callsign: Berkut
Version: 2017 3 1

Postby Octal450 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:28 am

Sorry, all default aircraft are rubbish, and unrealistic. They might have nice 3D, but that's where it ends. True for XPlane aswel as FSX.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby vslash » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:31 am

asking about FSX on the FG forum is not really the right place ; it's like asking someone who freely and friendly offer a room and hospitality if he prefer his home or the hostel nearby. The big difference btw any flight simulator and FG is that FG is free. It is done by people that offer their time to others in a best effort way. FG core and all its aircraft, scenery ... are done by people for free. This is about tenth of thousands of working hours, this has been done by enlightened amateurs and professionals, passionate people, on their free time. You play, they work for you. FGFS don't ask you to insert a coin every 10mn., it don't send you any ads., it don't even read anything about you in order to sell it to somebody else (that is the common way for most free software today, isn't ?). And this is THE big difference. So, perhaps could you better send your feedback on aircraft you are using to the authors, your experience in flight (simulated or not) even you could tell them you find something better from other simulators, and what is it, perhaps how they could improve their aircraft, this will be a better way to share and tells to people that makes it for free "thank you for your time, this is how I can help you". I don't know myself what is a realistic simulator, even those that are used by professionnal pilots are not realistic. Thanks you for using our aircrafts, thank you to send us your feedback. B.R. Val.
vslash
Retired

Callsign: FGX412
IRC name: vslash

Return to Hangar talk