Board index Other Hangar talk

Flight Pro sim

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Flight Pro sim

Postby Boeing » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:18 pm

OMG

Look what I found

Also I wanted to highlight this

Charlie Talor Or whatever wrote in Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm:To simply say ‘Get it for free’ is false advertising and illegal.

More details about this is within the dev area of the site.

There are a bunch of different programmers working on FlightProSim so it is always evolving.

We also have a few more planned content releases in the affiliates area, so keep checking back for more.

Also if you need any other tools to promote Flight Pro Sim let me know.

Thanks

Charlie Taylor and The FlightProSim Team!!

How are we illegal?

Also the the pic on the FPS site are from FG :?: :lol: is it just me or they are really lame
Last edited by Boeing on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Won't be doing much anymore....
Boeing

Callsign: Boeing, MIA0029
Version: 24

Re: Flight Pro sim

Postby MdMax » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello !

Of course it is FlightGear. Flight Pro Sim is a scam. You can read more about this here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8225
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10039
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Category:FlightGear_vendors
http://www.flightgear.org/flightprosim.html

They just try to sell an old renamed FlightGear version.

Happy flying ! 8)
MdMax

Version: Git

Postby Armchair Ace » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 am

Am I imagining this?

Boeing - you really need to use your head more. Do you realise the sheer number of threads that have been devoted/wasted with this stuff already? Why don't you read before you post - that's your problem. For you, the nerves go straight from your bowels to your hands, and the brain is left out of the circuit.
Member of the FlightGear Flying Club

Current Projects :
Miscellaneous texture and sound work
Armchair Ace

Callsign: G-ATPF
IRC name: ArmchairAce

Postby Figaro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:26 am

Armchair Ace wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 am:Am I imagining this?

Boeing - you really need to use your head more. Do you realise the sheer number of threads that have been devoted/wasted with this stuff already? Why don't you read before you post - that's your problem. For you, the nerves go straight from your bowels to your hands, and the brain is left out of the circuit.

aaaaammeeeen.
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby Boeing » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:48 am

Yeah I've read those. but I wanted to ask how we are illegal, sorry but i am not a lawyer (maybe you are but I'm not)
Won't be doing much anymore....
Boeing

Callsign: Boeing, MIA0029
Version: 24

Postby Groucho » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Boeing wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:48 am:Yeah I've read those. but I wanted to ask how we are illegal, sorry but i am not a lawyer (maybe you are but I'm not)

From a perspective of legality and licenses we are walking on a thin ice claiming FPS is illegal as a product. According to the GPL they have the right to fork the project and turning it into a product, to improve it, provide installers and further addons and to receive compensation for this package. As long as they stick to the GPL this is perfectly legal. Every Linux distributor does the same.
And from a very strickt perspective FPS is a new product as they claim to have made various additions and are adding improvements. Therefore it is wrong to claim that FlightGear is identical to FPS and that you can get the same thing for free because according to their argumentation it is not. Theoretically they can file a lawsuit against anybody saying so and we have to provide legally complete evidence that our statement is correct and that they violate our license, because we are harming their legal business this way. Which in turn is not legal.
It is not that critical to state that you can get the original product for free but they can (and do so) counter this by pointing out the easier installation and the improvements they made.
This is the legal situation as far as it comes to the product itself.

A totally different story is how they market this product by using FlightGear screenshots and movies, false identities and faked web sites to advertise it. Some of these means might be illegal, some are operating in a gray area, some are morally more than questionable.

Once again I would recommend not to use the term "illegal" in the public when it comes to talk about FPS because this might strike back unless we can provide definite evidence on what exactly is the illegal part of FPS.
Helis: EC130, Bo105, UH-1, R22
Twins/Jets: Aerostar, CRJ-200
Groucho

Callsign: D-HARP
Version: GIT

Postby mike4lin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:08 am

@ BOEING please remove the link ie. put it alike blalATblalDOTcom for the spiders (google etc) to not be able to read it. We won't help j* that didn't pass
primary with silly business.
Everybody pls put anywhere possible this link: http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/FlightProSim
Thanks Boeing
mike4lin

Postby curt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 am

The proflightsim affidiots (affiliots? I have trouble spelling that word) :-) just topped themselves. Periodically I get email from some random proflightsim affidiot wanting to advertise directly on flightgear.org and offering me 70% of the cut and blah blah blah. So now I get an email from one of them requesting to advertise on our flightsimpro statement page and only on that page. <sigh> I get really annoyed by business models that rely on misinforming their customers -- and the way their site is written, you can see it's a scam a mile a way -- or at least you should be able to. These are the guys that ruin that whole freedom of speech and free market concept. Sorry, I'm just venting ...
curt
Administrator

Postby F-JJTH » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:12 am

Arf... they are totally crazy ! It's very sad to see that...

See my post here : viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10039&p=137019#p137019 :wink:

Cheers,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby omega95 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 am

I'm happy to have stopped a guy from falling into the clutches of the FPS SCAM :mrgreen:

[1:42:01 PM IST] Ameya Kate: hey how is this pro-flight simulator, is it good enough
[1:42:19 PM IST] Omega Pilot: LEAVE IT ALONE!
[1:42:21 PM IST] Omega Pilot: PFS IS A SCAM!
[1:42:26 PM IST] Ameya Kate: really
[1:42:27 PM IST] Omega Pilot: IT'S THE SAME AS FLIGHTGEAR 1.9.1
[1:42:32 PM IST] Ameya Kate: ooh shit
[1:42:42 PM IST] Omega Pilot: as fg is GPL, others ahve the right to compile their own version and do what they want
[1:42:46 PM IST] Omega Pilot: these idiots are selling it
[1:42:50 PM IST] Omega Pilot: what did you do?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[1:42:54 PM IST] Ameya Kate: ooh
[1:43:01 PM IST] Ameya Kate: no nothing, i did not buy it
[1:43:04 PM IST] Omega Pilot: phew
[1:43:20 PM IST] Ameya Kate: i tried the FSX, but the handling is so bloody difficult
[1:43:27 PM IST] Omega Pilot: lol
[1:43:28 PM IST] Ameya Kate: as compared to fg
[1:43:37 PM IST] Ameya Kate: i love the graphics and all
[1:44:12 PM IST] Omega Pilot: yeea
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby planetacancun » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 am

Wow. A bunch of scammers, I just filled more than 20 copyright complaints on YouTube, they copied one of my videos, this one (very old btw) to promote the flightprosim scam:

And they say they recorded it. Bastards. Search for flightprosim on youtube and see if your videos are being used by this people (you will see this video a lot), and flag it as copyright infringement.
Callsign:Fallen-
Videos: http://youtube.com/planetacancun2
planetacancun

Callsign: Fallen-
IRC name: Fallen-
Version: GIT

Postby Hooray » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Are there any guidelines that we could come up with to prevent this sort of thing?
What about watermarking videos? What about permanently displaying certain text (URL to webpage)?
What about using a custom promotion livery that features the text "flightgear"?

I am wondering, what would make it at least a little harder for people to simply rebrand those videos?
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby Gijs » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Just report it to YouTube. From experience they handle such reports pretty quick (FPS account with all its videos is deleted/banned).
Adding a "FlightGear" text to the video will not help much I think, since people that know about FlightGear will recognise it as a ripoff. While people that are unaware of FlightGear will not warned by seeing the text "FlightGear"...
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby curt » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Gijs wrote in Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:09 pm:Just report it to YouTube. From experience they handle such reports pretty quick (FPS account with all its videos is deleted/banned).
Adding a "FlightGear" text to the video will not help much I think, since people that know about FlightGear will recognise it as a ripoff. While people that are unaware of FlightGear will not warned by seeing the text "FlightGear"...

Or they can easily suggest that flightgear is ripping them off (I know that doesn't make logical sense when it's "their" video, but if you say it enough times in enough places people start to believe it anyway.)
curt
Administrator

Postby Hooray » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Well, even without knowing anything about FG, I would be VERY hesitant about paying for something called "FPS" if the video featuring the product keeps advertising itself as something titled "FlightGear", "free open source simulator"?
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Next

Return to Hangar talk