Board index Other Hangar talk

What has made you laugh?

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Re: What has made you laugh?

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:10 pm

legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby Mikoyan_2129 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:32 am

A little story from work made me laugh today :

There's this guy in my group who's trying to bring all of the merit from finished work to him, and it works. We're 4 in our department, work more or less the same, but he's hogging all of the results and is poised to be the one being promoted when our hierarchical superior retires. Needless to say, we aren't thrilled about this, especially since we once tried to tell the management about it, and it was just dismissed as being "jealousy".

However, today, I've been given the task to go to Greece and visit these villas to give insurance contract estimations for potential buyers (and for the company selling them, too). The reason? "Hey, Mikoyan's not been getting many sunlight these days compared to [gloryhog], let's send him to do that!"

I can't brag about it at work because the atmosphere's toxic enough, I can't brag in front of my wife because her job has been crap recently, so please accept my apologies for winding it out here. I'm not a firm believer in karma, but it does feel nice to see something fair for once :mrgreen:
Mikoyan_2129

Postby Johan G » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:05 pm

I stumbled over this on imgur:

Two rednecks flew to Canada on a hunting trip. They chartered a small aircraft to take them into the Rockies for a week of moose hunting. They managed to get six.

As they were loading the plane for the return, the pilot said the aircraft could only take four moose. The hunters objekted strongly: "Last year we also got six, and the pilot let us take them all in one trip. He flew the exact same type as you do." Reluctantly the pilot gave in and all six were loaded.

The takeoff went ok, but while later trying to clear a mountain ridge on full power they did not fully make it and the aircraft crashed. Somehow, surrounded by the moose meat, the two hunters survived. After climbing out of the crashed aircraft one of them asked if the other had any idea about where they were. The other hunter replied "Probably not too far from where we crashed last year."
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby curt » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Often too true:

https://xkcd.com/2138/

Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Postby Johan G » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Found a new web comic today, MonkeyUser.

MonkeyUser: Steps to reproduce

(Hmm, that is an unexpectedly large image...)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Previous

Return to Hangar talk