Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project News

Announcing the flightgear-fgaddon-commitlogs mailing list.

News from the ever evolving world of FlightGear.

Announcing the flightgear-fgaddon-commitlogs mailing list.

Postby bugman » Fri May 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi all,

This is for the benefit of those not already signed up for the official FlightGear announcement mailing list, as you may have missed the original announcement. So I will repeat the message here.

As part of the recent git+svn repository and commit log mailing list improvements, I would like to announce a brand new mailing list specifically for content developers - the FGAddon commit log mailing list:

If you are an aircraft developer with contributions in the official FlightGear aircraft collection, you should consider signing up!

This read only list will allow you to follow every change that happens within the FGAddon repository, as they are committed. The messages will consist of the commit details, the repository log message and the diff of the changes (truncated to a fixed but reasonable size).

Using email filters, you can choose to see just the changes that occur to a subset of all aircraft. The new list will increase the transparency and accountability of the repository and allow you respond to and comment on any change. Replies to the messages will be by default directed to the flightgear-devel mailing list (the reply-to header is set), so make sure you are signed up there too before responding.

Regards,

Edward

P. S. Note that a few problems with the post-commit repository hook script remain so from time to time some commit messages may miss the list. This will hopefully soon be fixed.
bugman

Version: next

Re: Announcing the flightgear-fgaddon-commitlogs mailing lis

Postby Johan G » Fri May 15, 2015 3:47 pm

I can only see this a good thing (though I will not sign up just yet). :)

I guess and hope it will also serve as a route for reviewing the changes. The more eyes etc... ;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: Announcing the flightgear-fgaddon-commitlogs mailing lis

Postby bugman » Wed May 20, 2015 4:48 pm

For content developers with commit access to FGAddon: If you see strange warnings or errors about the mailing list message creation when committing, please copy the entire message and paste it in this topic. Refinement of the server hook scripts may still be required (for example if you have utf-8 or other non-ascii text in your email address, or other unusual settings).
bugman

Version: next

Return to News