Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project News

Release Progress (2.4.0)

News from the ever evolving world of FlightGear.

Re: Release Progress (2.4.0)

Postby 439Tiger » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:17 am

I have had the same problem, it seems to have something to do with the scenery. Try putting your Terrasync first on the list and also perhaps as your only scenery. That is what stops my FG from giving me this error, once you've flown around and your scenery has been updated, you can go back to your original settings. It's a bit of a pain but it works.
Specializing in Canadian built aircraft and aircraft flown by the RCAF

http://www.flightgearcanada.ca/ or: https://sites.google.com/site/flightgearcanada/
439Tiger

Callsign: C-CYSG
Version: 2.10.03

Postby Curtis » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:57 am

439Tiger wrote in Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:17 am:I have had the same problem, it seems to have something to do with the scenery. Try putting your Terrasync first on the list and also perhaps as your only scenery. That is what stops my FG from giving me this error, once you've flown around and your scenery has been updated, you can go back to your original settings. It's a bit of a pain but it works.

no it's doesn't work for me ( I am under Windows XP pro, maybe you have another OS ),

it's not a setting problem because I have made a reset and delete the "flightgear.org" folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data", it's a fresh installation,

the only solution for me is to put a CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM ) in my DVD-rom drive, the error will gone after doing this trick,

and if there is no disc in the DVD-rom drive the error will come back :cry:
Curtis

Postby Gijs » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:16 am

The error was already filed in the bug tracker: http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bug ... ail?id=284 (merged your report)
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby Curtis » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:48 pm

I notice also a performance problem, the FPS drop a little ( -30% ) and there is sometimes lags with the 2.4.0RC5 version :?

with the 2.0.0 version it was perfect, no lags, 80~90 FPS with my configuration ( 50~60 FPS with lags in the 2.4.0RC5 ), with the 2.4.0RC5 I use the same 3D/shaders settings than the 2.0.0 but the performances are not the same, I don't understand,

maybe the win32 binarie ( exe ) is not fully optimized for modern CPU ( I have a pentium dual core 3.33 Ghz and a radeon HD4650, 4 Gb ram, windows xp pro sp3 32 bits, and I use a 800x600 32 BPP resolution for flightgear )
Curtis

Postby clrCoda » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:16 am

Kabuki wrote in Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:21 pm:Whenever I fly in multiplayer mode, I get a steady stream of "FGMultiplayMgr::MP_ProcessData: No such file or directory " messages. These are explained in the wiki as being generated when a plane is in the area for which there is no model on the local system. But I'm getting them in the middle of nowhere now, in a steady, constant stream. They cause more important messages to scroll off the screen. They're probably slowing things down, too.

(this is with 2.4.0rc5)

I'm getting this error as well, so far in the 772er and the DHC6F-300 twin otter. I'm currently in Canada far away from everyone and flooded by this error.
This is with 2.4.0 the release today the 17th of August.
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby Kabuki » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:41 pm

clrCoda wrote in Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:16 am:
Kabuki wrote in Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:21 pm:Whenever I fly in multiplayer mode, I get a steady stream of "FGMultiplayMgr::MP_ProcessData: No such file or directory " messages. These are explained in the wiki as being generated when a plane is in the area for which there is no model on the local system. But I'm getting them in the middle of nowhere now, in a steady, constant stream. They cause more important messages to scroll off the screen. They're probably slowing things down, too.

(this is with 2.4.0rc5)

I'm getting this error as well, so far in the 772er and the DHC6F-300 twin otter. I'm currently in Canada far away from everyone and flooded by this error.
This is with 2.4.0 the release today the 17th of August.

Yes, I'm getting it everywhere with the official 2.4 release now. I looked in the wiki page for a way to suppress it, and now I'm asking the forum. How do I suppress these annoying error messages? They cause everything else to scroll off the console screen. Previously, these messages occurred when a new aircraft came onto the network in the same general area as you were flying. Now they're just a steady stream. This is with the debugging level set to 'alert' in the launcher, btw.
This is a family-friendly saloon. No talk stink.
Kabuki

Location: Usually on the ground, always in the sky, except when underwater.
Callsign: Kabuki
Version: 3.0.0

Postby AJC » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 am

Kabuki wrote in Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:52 am:
ThorstenB wrote in Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:08 pm:Runway lights are already fixed. The latest release canidate already provides a new option in the menu: "View" => "Rendering" dialog. Disable "point-sprites" in the dialog, if runway lights aren't working for you, then restart fgfs. According to reports so far, it's working for everyone who had issues earlier.

Hi, I'm using V2.4.0 on windows 7. I've had many problems already and the most recent is the runway lighting. I have tried disabling 'point-sprites' and restarting but it has no effect. I have a similar problem to others where on certain angles the lights will appear. I have tried changing other options with again no effect.

Could anyone help with the problem? Thanks,
AJC
DH-1748
ATC_AJC
DH-1748
TSA004
Proud member of Tristar Airlines, the leading airline in connecting the Caribbean...
AJC

Callsign: TSA004

Previous

Return to News