Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

FG Tracker Not Tracking

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: FG Tracker Not Tracking

Postby Chrison » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:40 pm

skyop wrote:I think it'd help if the tracker's page had a "Latest Flights" section, and perhaps it could log what server a flight was tracked on too.

Good ideas, but if nobody "in charge" is interested in seeing that the tracker is tracking, whether the problem is with the tracker server or mpservers, I doubt they're going to be very interested in making improvement to the web interface.

Sorry for being negative about the whole thing, but I've come to the conclusion that nobody "up there" cares and the tracker is gone for good.

Regards,

Chris
"Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat!" (Jackie Gleason)
My final approach announcement: "Seats up... Trays locked... Articles stowed... Seat belts on... And may God have mercy on your souls!"
Chrison

Callsign: Chrison, AVA0066

Postby Rick Ace » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Chrison, I believe that too. Someone used to care very much. He cared enough to make the tracker :) But now he/She is probably too busy to keep it running :( I wish someone could make another tracker lol
Rick Ace

Callsign: rickace
Version: 2.6.0

Postby redneck » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Well, there is VATAware if you really MUST have your flights tracked. However, I heard, but have yet to see, that it has been having problems lately.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby Chrison » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:41 am

redneck wrote:Well, there is VATAware if you really MUST have your flights tracked. However, I heard, but have yet to see, that it has been having problems lately.

It appears to me that VATAware is "FGTracker" for the VATSim network. Since I'm not on VATSim, that doesn't help. And, yes, I see that they're having some reliability issues too, but it appears that someone is working on it.

Btw, having my flights tracked by FGTracker isn't a "MUST" and I have been doing quite nicely without it. But it WOULD be useful if it got fixed. If not, then life WILL go on without it.

Thanks for the pointer to VATAware... some folks will find that helpful.

Regards,

Chris
My final approach announcement: "Seats up... Trays locked... Articles stowed... Seat belts on... And may God have mercy on your souls!"
Chrison

Postby Trennor_ » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:45 pm

I've always used server 05 and my flights stopped being tracked about 19th September.
trennor - Just Another Armchair Pilot

Thanks to all who have helped in the past. One day I'll return the favour.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby henrikp » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm currently building a new tracker, the incoming data part is done, large chunk - 19GB of flights/waypoints, has been imported and 3 servers (01,12 and 05?) are feeding it currently. The outgoing website is functioning, BUT I'll have to clean up the waypoints database a bit before release, like removing less than 5 minute flights alltogether. The current hardware is not enough for that amount - 2.7GHz with 1 gig of ram :) If the cleanup isn't a success in performancewise, I will start looking alternative machines to move the db.
henrikp

Callsign: ES-KLA
IRC name: ahven
Version: git

Postby Chrison » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:10 am

henrikp wrote:I'm currently building a new tracker...

That is VERY good news, indeed! Good luck in getting it cleaned up and online. I look forward to an announcement that it's available!

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris
Chrison

Postby Rick Ace » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:42 pm

The FG Tracker is officially dead with no servers working at all :(
Rick Ace

Postby jack » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Uh Oh :o
For Military Aircraft, Scenery, and more, visit http://alphashangar.co.nr/

'Retired' from FlightGear as of July 2011. You can contact me via my website if you'd like to pick up any old projects.
jack
Retired

Callsign: Alpha-J, Rescue1
Version: GIT

Postby Chrison » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Rick Ace wrote:The FG Tracker is officially dead with no servers working at all :(

That's news?!?! None of the servers have worked for me since mid-September. Anyway, it looks like henrikp is working on a new tracker, so let's all wish him luck and success in getting it going.

Regards,

Chris
Chrison

Postby xiii » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi all,

A new tracking server is in the pipes. Currently the whole history of tracked flights is being transfered and cleaned, and AFAIK the new maintainer is just improving the tracker software so it can sustain the ever growing quantity of data the server has to process. Some change are also tested to improve the reliability of the "connecting" process between the mp servers and the tracker server.

Guys, just be patient :)

Alexis
(mpserver10 maintainer)
If the engines are Pratt and Whitney, the seats best be Martin Baker
xiii

Postby Trennor_ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Will access be any faster? Is it going on a new server, or will we still be waiting 60 seconds to get on and another 30 to get to our tracks? :P

Trennor_

Postby henrikp » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Trennor_ wrote:Will access be any faster? Is it going on a new server, or will we still be waiting 60 seconds to get on and another 30 to get to our tracks? :P

Currently with the 20GB of waypoints it is much worse on that server. A hour ago I executed a sql query that removes all flights and waypoints that are under 5 minutes. I have no idea how long it will take :)
If that doesn't help the speed, I will move the DB to another server.
henrikp

Callsign: ES-KLA
IRC name: ahven
Version: git

Postby Trennor_ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:11 pm

henrikp wrote:
Trennor_ wrote:Will access be any faster? Is it going on a new server, or will we still be waiting 60 seconds to get on and another 30 to get to our tracks? :P

Currently with the 20GB of waypoints it is much worse on that server. A hour ago I executed a sql query that removes all flights and waypoints that are under 5 minutes. I have no idea how long it will take :)
If that doesn't help the speed, I will move the DB to another server.

Awesome! Sounds like you've got things in hand, and thanks for the reply. I'd actually seen the post about removing -5 minute flights, and I know I had a few of those too. Lookin' forward to the new tracker; as you can see from this thread, lot of guys have missed it. I'm assuming Google Earth tracks will be there too? Sorry to bombard you with questions, maybe I should just shut up and let you get on with it. Be nice when it's going again though. :D

Trennor_

Postby Rick Ace » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:04 pm

AWESOME! So this is a new owner doing this? :) THUMPS UP! HATS OFF! Great Job :D Someone actually cares :D Thanks so much.
Rick Ace

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer