Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Question about mpserver05

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Question about mpserver05

Postby bisutti » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:36 am

Hi all.

I have a little problem with this server, it shows me in the map, but I can´t see the other planes or chat with the others, because they just are not there. This is really bad because I have a good ping with server05 and it doesn´t works fine :roll: Are you having a similar problem?
FlightGear Iberoamerican Comunity http://www.vivefg.org/
bisutti

Callsign: YV-256T
Version: 2

Re: Question about mpserver05

Postby redneck » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:56 am

I use that server all the time, and am not having a problem with it.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby someguy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:30 am

05 worked fine for me yesterday, but today I had the same experience as bisutti. So I switched to 04. It's a daily crapshoot, maybe hourly.
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby ot-666 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:53 pm

redneck wrote:I use that server all the time, and am not having a problem with it.

mp05 users pop in and out my view (myself on mp04) yesterday. Causing a lot of lags for loading unloading the model all the time if in viewrange.

Cheers, Oliver
Callsign: ot-666
Working on LOWI and other stuff - Custom Scenery Overlay Repo: http://gitorious.org/fgfs-custom-scenery/custom-scenery-overlay/
VMX22 - Osprey... sometimes in 2014
ot-666

Callsign: ot-666
IRC name: ot666
Version: GIT

Postby simbabeat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:59 pm

It's a daily crapshoot, maybe hourly.

Minutely, maybe even secondly. I believe something was posted to the devel list not to long ago about the server owners collaborating about fixing it or atleast geting it better.

Cheers
simbabeat

Postby bisutti » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:08 pm

redneck wrote:I use that server all the time, and am not having a problem with it.

someguy wrote:05 worked fine for me yesterday, but today I had the same experience as bisutti. So I switched to 04. It's a daily crapshoot, maybe hourly.

ot-666 wrote:mp05 users pop in and out my view (myself on mp04) yesterday. Causing a lot of lags for loading unloading the model all the time if in viewrange.

Cheers, Oliver

simbabeat wrote:Minutely, maybe even secondly. I believe something was posted to the devel list not to long ago about the server owners collaborating about fixing it or atleast geting it better.

Cheers

I see... That server works momentarily. Well, I will have to find another server with good Ping. Thank you all.
FlightGear Iberoamerican Comunity http://www.vivefg.org/
bisutti

Callsign: YV-256T
Version: 2

Postby Kabuki » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:09 pm

bisutti wrote:Hi all.

I have a little problem with this server, it shows me in the map, but I can´t see the other planes or chat with the others, because they just are not there. This is really bad because I have a good ping with server05 and it doesn´t works fine :roll: Are you having a similar problem?

Exact same problem here. I hadn't used it for several months, and am now having the same problem: Map shows me connected, but there are no other planes visible, and the pilot list from the menu is empty.
This is a family-friendly saloon. No talk stink.
Kabuki

Location: Usually on the ground, always in the sky, except when underwater.
Callsign: Kabuki
Version: 3.0.0

Return to Multiplayer