Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Multiplayer wont work with me

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Multiplayer wont work with me

Postby toejam15 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Ive been having some problems with others showing up in network. i believe i have everything setup but for some reason its like im not even connected pilots wont show up on the runway, chat, and the list. I really need help with this I have the latest version on my MacBook with snow leopard
toejam15

Re: Multiplayer wont work with me

Postby redneck » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Can you post the command line, so we might be able to find if you've made a mistake somewhere?
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby toejam15 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:19 am

redneck wrote:Can you post the command line, so we might be able to find if you've made a mistake somewhere?

nothing is in my command line
toejam15

Postby redneck » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:09 am

That can't be right. You need something to get FG to load at all. Perhaps you misunderstood what I was talking about? If you use FGRun, you can go to the last page, and check the box that says "Show Command Line". Just take a screenshot of that whole thing and post it here.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby Jester » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Note, if you are in the USA, or if mpserver02 is down, you are in trouble. MAC launcher has a known bug that it only wants to connect to mpserver02 no matter what. Easiest solution is to not enable multiplayer on the Network tab but instead go to the Others tab and enter two command line options: --callsign=whatever --multiplay=out,10,mpserverXX.flightgear.org,5000 (replace whatever with your callsign and mpserverXX with the proper server - for USA, that would be mpserver05)
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01
Version: GIT

Postby nomadlouis » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:38 am

you can go to the last page, and check the box that says "Show Command Line". Just take a screenshot of that whole thing and post it here.
nomadlouis

Return to Multiplayer