Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Quick Question Regarding Liveries  Topic is solved

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Quick Question Regarding Liveries

Postby Husky Dynamics » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 am

I haven't done any flying in multiplayer (and probably won't), but a thought occurred to me and I would like to ask about it.

So I believe that for the most part, aircraft livery selections are shared over multiplayer (e.g. if you pick the American Airlines livery for your MD-11, other people will also see you as an American Airlines MD-11), yes? Does this still work if one person has a livery installed but others do not? For example, if person A were to download the Alaska Airlines DHC-6 livery I have available on my website, but person B did not, would B see A's aircraft in that livery, or a different one?

Apologies for the bad explanation, it makes more sense in my head :?
Get my custom FG liveries here: https://flightgearhusky.altervista.org/

I'm off at college so I've stopped making liveries (for the time being, at least), but I'm continuing to ensure compatibility for the ones I've already published.
Husky Dynamics

Version: LTS

Re: Quick Question Regarding Liveries  

Postby Gijs » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:12 am

Texture files are not shared over MP. If someone doesn't have your livery installed, he/she will see the default livery.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to Multiplayer