Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Fibertel argentina port 5000 busy

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Fibertel argentina port 5000 busy

Postby CqcRetador » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Hola a todos, soy nuevo en el foro aunque ya hace un tiempito los vengo leyendo. Mi nombre es Leandro y soy de Argentina. Juego Flightgear ya hace unos meses con un cessna citation II pero no puedo volar en modo multijugador. Busco el servidor, pongo mi nombre, el puerto que me aparece por defecto es el 5000 que es el que dejo... me dice que estoy conectado, pero no me aparece cartel de hello, hablo y no contesta nadie por chat, no escucho a ningún player y no aparezco en mapa, aunque ya me registre con mi nick. Ya probe de varias maneras y en todos los servidores. Tengo buena conexión de red. Hay algo que estoy haciendo mal? me esta faltando poner algo? tengo la version 2020.3.2 y 2020.3.5 y en las dos hace lo mismo. Si alguien me puede orientar me haría un gran favor. Muchas gracias!!!
Last edited by CqcRetador on Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CqcRetador

Re: No puedo jugar multijugador

Postby Johan G » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Via Google Translate:
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, although I have been reading them for a while. My name is Leandro and I am from Argentina. I have been playing Flightgear for a few months with a cessna citation II but I can't fly in multiplayer. I look for the server, I put my name, the port that appears by default is 5000 which is the one that I leave ... it tells me that I am connected, but I do not see a hello sign, I speak and nobody answers by chat, I do not listen to [hear?] any player and I do not appear on the map, although I already registered with my nickname. I already tried in various ways and on all servers. I have a good network connection. Is there something I am doing wrong? am I missing something? I have version 2020.3.2 and 2020.3.5 and both do the same. If someone can guide me, it would do me a great favor. Thanks a lot!!!
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby CqcRetador » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:14 pm

Well it seems that I have no answers, I saw that there are several posts in the forum, but I try everything and I can not, I need to know that I have to configure to be able to play multiplayer. Thanks a lot
CqcRetador

Postby Michat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:54 am

Unfortunately, Fibertel Argentina is using port 5000 just like FG MP. I wonder if some FG server could be running on another port as a possible solution for such an old problem.

Desafortunadamente, Fibertel Argentina está usando el puerto 5000 al igual que FG MP. Me pregunto si algún servidor FG pudiera ejecutarse en otro puerto como una posible solución para un problema tan antiguo.

Any suggestion FG'ers ?

Michat

Version: 191b

Postby WoodSTokk » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:05 am

Its interesting what direction Fibertel Argentina use this port.
Maybe they use port 5000 for maintainance of the router, so its only incoming.
FG can use another port to communicate.
Try to set this option:
Code: Select all
--prop:/sim/multiplay/rxport=5001

This way the client sent packets from port 5001 to the server on port 5000.
The server sent from 5000 to the client on 5001 and this should not be blocked.
You can also try another port. Unprivileged ports are from 1025 up to 65535.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby CqcRetador » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:55 am

Muchas gracias por sus respuestas, ya me comunique con fibertel, me dijeron que me van a habilitar el puerto 5000, los mantengo informados porque puede sentar un precedente para otros que tienen problemas con fibertel argentina. Saludos a todos.
CqcRetador

Postby Isaak » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:11 pm

Please reply in English, that way you'll receive help much faster.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby CqcRetador » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:22 pm

WoodSTokk wrote in Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:05 am:Its interesting what direction Fibertel Argentina use this port.
Maybe they use port 5000 for maintainance of the router, so its only incoming.
FG can use another port to communicate.
Try to set this option:
Code: Select all
--prop:/sim/multiplay/rxport=5001

This way the client sent packets from port 5001 to the server on port 5000.
The server sent from 5000 to the client on 5001 and this should not be blocked.
You can also try another port. Unprivileged ports are from 1025 up to 65535.

Thank you very much for your answer but the problem could not be solved.

In the multiplayer I appear as connected, but I do not appear on the map, nor do I see messages from the other pilots.
CqcRetador

Re: Fibertel argentina port 5000 busy

Postby WoodSTokk » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 am

So Fibertel Argentina kick also outgoing packets to port 5000, thats realy bad.
We can hope that Fibertel Argentina will allow this packets sometime, or someone change the setting of his MP server to another port.
WoodSTokk

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:56 am

WoodSTokk wrote in Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 am:[...] or someone change the setting of his MP server to another port.

that's the only real option... unless someone sets up a proxy outside of fibertel listening/talking on another port and redirecting it to the standard FG MP port(s)...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby WoodSTokk » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:01 am

You are on my wavelenght ;)
I have also think about a bouncer to redirect user only from Fibertel Argentina.
If we filter it to the IP range of this provider only, it should not be too much traffic.
WoodSTokk

Postby CqcRetador » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:49 pm

We did all the possible tests with the friend Michat who is helping me and whom I thank, but we could not solve the problem. Connect but I do not receive or send data :( :( :?
CqcRetador

Postby CqcRetador » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:51 pm

Hello everyone, I tell you that we were able to solve the problem and fly from Argentina, the solution is to use a VPN. In my case I am using Hide.me which gives me 10 gb free for 1 month to connect. Although it is limited next month I will register another account to continue flying. I want to thank Michat, Miguel, woodstock, johan and everyone who wrote to me privately to try to help me. Now if we meet in the skies with the Citation II. For everyone I am Cqc.
thanks
CqcRetador

Return to Multiplayer