Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Mpcarriers

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Mpcarriers

Postby Simion » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi, I hope you can help me with the following problem:
I can't see MPcarriers. I know I have to activate the the corresponding AI-traffic scenario. I activated Nimitz Carrier (San Francisco), but when I fly over the Mpcarrier I only see a tiny blue with yellow airplane instead of the carrier. When I go to the MPcarrier selection menu, it says: 'Found no MPcarrier with activated AI carrier scenarios within range'. I'm at that moment literally flying over the carrier so I don't think I was out of range and my AI scenrio for Nimitz carrier (San Francisco) was active.
Can you help me out please?
Simion

Re: Mpcarriers

Postby Johan G » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:19 pm

The little blue and yellow aircraft (also known as the "infamous glider") is the default model to use when FlightGear do not find the correct model.

Unfortunately I can not be more help than that, so I hope someone more up to date can ping in. :|
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Michat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:41 pm

You should download and install carrier models from aircrat repos, or from the launcher where somebody have told me are now availabe.

Michat

Version: 191b

Postby Simion » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:59 pm

I did install the carriers, but that didn't change anything...
Simion

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:19 pm

then we need to see the paths where your F G is looking and the paths where you installed them to... the first 50 or so lines of your fgfs log file should show us where FG is looking...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Multiplayer