Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Only seeing default liveries on multiplayer aircraft

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Only seeing default liveries on multiplayer aircraft

Postby alba-69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:29 am

Hi all.

I seem to be having trouble seeing multiplayer aircraft in the correct livery. The 777 livery keeps showing as Air France when it should be BA and the 757-300 as Condor. As far as i know the pilots i fly with have the correct files in the correct folders. Anyone getting the same when they fly?

Windows 10
Flightgear 2019.1.1
alba-69

Callsign: alba-69

Re: Only seeing default liveries on multiplayer aircraft

Postby Isaak » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:23 am

I think it has to do with the fairly new LOD system for aircraft, where the low resolution model defaults to AFR. The livery changes after some time when the model swaps to the high resolution when you get close enough.
(You have to wait some seconds though). I don't know if I can fix this aircraft side. Does anybody know?
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: 2019.1.1

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:15 pm

if it is related to the LOD system, then the user needs to adjust their LOD settings to be more inline with others' LOD settings... it is quite possible that the proper livery won't show up until the craft is within the default LOD-detailed range... i'm not sure what that is as mine is set to 2nm (3704meters)...

i do find it interesting that if the craft is transmitting its livery in the MP protocol that other users are not seeing the proper livery based on that transmitted livery... so perhaps there is something craft-side that can be adjusted??
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:20 pm

The low detail model (fallback) probably has a standard livery so doesn't change.

The 777 certainly does have working livery over multiplayer in the high detail model.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby FirstOfficerDelta » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:47 pm

I do not know how nor why, but this is happening to me no matter what settings I change it to.
FirstOfficerDelta

Callsign: CPA830

Return to Multiplayer