Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Troll using my callsign to create trouble in MP

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Troll using my callsign to create trouble in MP

Postby jomo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:25 am

Hi to all affected:
Also we (during the regular 4times a week EDDF-triangle sessions) endure this (or a similar) idiot since several month now - even if the ATC-callsign is ATCjomo1 he tries to confuse all visitors by using similar names (e.g. ATCjomo and similar). (See e.g. the movies at http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/Films/films.html). Sorry to call anybody an "idiot" -- but really: He is a really big one - just having fun to destroy any group activities!

I wished we had in FGFS the possibility to find the LoginIP of such guys and have the ability to reject Login for such idiots!
I guess that would help ALL FGFS-users to continue having fun in FGFS.
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby SP-NTX » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:37 am

jomo wrote in Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:25 am:Hi to all affected:
Also we (during the regular 4times a week EDDF-triangle sessions) endure this (or a similar) idiot since several month now - even if the ATC-callsign is ATCjomo1 he tries to confuse all visitors by using similar names (e.g. ATCjomo and similar). (See e.g. the movies at http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/Films/films.html). Sorry to call anybody an "idiot" -- but really: He is a really big one - just having fun to destroy any group activities!

I wished we had in FGFS the possibility to find the LoginIP of such guys and have the ability to reject Login for such idiots!
I guess that would help ALL FGFS-users to continue having fun in FGFS.

Despite not liking you, I know something about ATC on EDDF. When you're not there, one appears in ATC PIE, and I think I know his callsign
Freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it
SP-NTX

Callsign: SP-NTX
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby SP-NTX » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 am

And the crook who uses the callsign Jmav16 has been flying over EDDH lately
Freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it
SP-NTX

Callsign: SP-NTX
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby eatdirt » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:11 pm

Ignoring him did the trick, and we haven't seen him anymore for two years now, therefore no point in bringing this up again IMO.

Thanks for the clarifications. I suspect, indeed the homophobic, racist etc.. talking reflect his "maturity", and indeed the best thing is to ignore him.

I think there exists a possibility of he wasn't a troll.

For the small talks I had with him, there is also a possibility he could be a kid, and now he would be 2 years older since the first incidents appeared.

And the crook who uses the callsign Jmav16 has been flying over EDDH lately

I have seen it too!

Thanks all for the clarifications, and sorry to bring this back up (I did land on this thread because I wanted to know if rayonix existed!).

Cheers,
Chris.
eatdirt

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:20 pm

PL-NEXT wrote in Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 am:And the crook who uses the callsign Jmav16 has been flying over EDDH lately

I really hope not, because having such a pain in the back disrupting the fun all over again is gonna be absolutely annoying. If it re-started because this thread was brought back up and somebody got some malicious ideas... I'll let you figure the rest of the phrase.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby J Maverick 16 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:09 am

It's with great displeasure that I have to bring this topic up again, but apparently the callsign-stealing business has restarted in the last few weeks.
I've been reported and noticing flights over Multiplayer using my J-Mav16 callsign quite a few times with various aircraft and seemingly with the intent to disrupt the flying of other pilots too.

Personally I haven't flown in MP since July 27th, hence every flight after that date has been basically carried out by the imposter. This to say I won't be using MP for a while until this stuff winds down again so you can stay sure if you see my callsign there then it's 100% someone else.

It's frustrating to see certain people intentionally ruining somebody else's fun-having without any founded reason if not for their own personal enjoyment in seeing others being annoyed by it. The sad part is that this doesn't only happen virtually too.
Kind regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby S&J » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:29 pm

Yes it's disappointing when people behave so mean and spiteful. You know people send private messages around here bad mouthing other contributors. Can't see what they get out of it myself, and more fool the idiots that believe them, I say.
"Stay away from negative people.They have a problem for every solution." - Albert Einstein
S&J

Previous

Return to Multiplayer