Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Multiplayer arcraft are not visible

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Multiplayer arcraft are not visible

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 pm

if that's the case, then this needs to be brought up on the mailing list...

but somehow i think something has been misunderstood... i see the glider for some craft even with "additional craft directories" but this needs more testing to determine why that is... it may be a factor of the new fallback code that hunts for low poly models to display outside of the detailed range... that code or the actual fallback data may be in error...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Multiplayer arcraft are not visible

Postby Richard » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:17 am

This is different in 2018.3 and later; as the glider (or fallback model if set) will be displayed until the detailed model has finished loading. Some models can take minutes to load.

However the detailed model does need to be in the aircraft path. If you're installing aircraft using the launcher then it should all be good.

Before 2018.3 the glider is only displayed when the detailed model cannot be loaded.
Richard

Version: Git

Previous

Return to Multiplayer