Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Unable to interact with MP-Carrier

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Unable to interact with MP-Carrier

Postby Solid » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 am

Hi Everybody !

After conducting carrier-Landings on the AI-carrier models, I wished also to test it with MP-carriers.

I tried to setup my Laptop as the carrier. I used the Nimitz_demo and run fgfs using the QT-Launcher.
Everything seemed to be ok, the carrier showed up on the FlightGear server online map.

Now I launched FGFS on my PC. I selected the F-14 as aircraft, KSFO as location, the nimitz_demo as scenario and entered

--prop:/sim/mp-carriers/nimitz-callsign=<same callsign as on MP-Nimitz>

into the Additional Settings Window. Run FGFS, entered Multiplayer and the MP-Nimitz showed up in the Pilot list.
When trying to activate the MPCarrier Selection dialogue, the message "Found no MPCarriers for activated carrier MP scenarios within range"
When approaching the position of the MP-Nimitz, there was no carrier or other model visual. The only carrier visual was that of the Ai-scenario.

I changed carrier-scenarios and positions multiple times, but unfortunately I could not solve the problem.

Is anybody able to help solving this?

cheers,
Solid

PS: Using FlightGear 2017.3.1, Win 10, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050TI
Solid

Callsign: Solid
Version: 2018.2.2

Return to Multiplayer