Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

dual-control issues (Cap10b, dc-3, f-14b)

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

dual-control issues (Cap10b, dc-3, f-14b)

Postby wirkusp » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:39 pm

Hello fellow pilots,

in my first post I want to address you with some issues using dual-control in order to get help.

My first problem is, whenever I'm in a cap10b or in a dc-3 and I want to fly with a friend, my copilot won't join me but stays on the runway and can't move.
We both are connected to the same server and we even chose each other via command line. Even the box in the "Select MP-Pilot" dialogue is marked.

To come to my second issue, when I join a pilot in an f-14b (in this case I'm however able to play as a copilot) I've got no sound at all.

Kind regards,
Paul Wirkus

PS:
v2017.02
wirkusp

Re: dual-control issues (Cap10b, dc-3, f-14b)

Postby SVW » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Dual-control never worked properly for me. Maybe this could be an alternative for you:
https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30614&p=307705&hilit=shared+cockpit#p296214
It is actually for me and OE-PH1, although not 100% perfect.
Cheers
svw.
SVW

Postby wirkusp » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Okay, that's too bad. But thanks for your advise!

Kind regards
wirkusp

Postby FlugHund » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Sers Paul,

we've had a little progress regarding the dc-3. We established a connection between pilot and copilot but I haven't had time for a thorough trial. And I probably won't have much time for that during the upcoming week. Would appreciate if you, or anyone else interested, could chime in here and report back things which are expected to work but don't.

Here is what we've done so far:

Copying files copilot-dual-control.nas, dual-control-tools.nas and pilot-dual-control.nas from fgdata/Aircraft/Generic/DualControl/ over to Douglas-Dc3/DualControl/.

Editing file Douglas-Dc3/DualControl/dc-3-dual-control.nas commenting some lines from 578 upwards as follows:
Code: Select all
#      DCT.Translator.new(props.globals.getNode("sim/model/config/details-high"), pilot.getNode("sim/model/config/details-high")),
      DCT.Translator.new(props.globals.getNode("sim/model/config/version"), pilot.getNode("sim/model/config/version")),
#      DCT.Translator.new(props.globals.getNode("sim/model/config/show-pilot"), pilot.getNode("sim/model/config/show-pilot")),
#      DCT.Translator.new(props.globals.getNode("sim/model/config/show-copilot"), pilot.getNode("sim/model/config/show-copilot")),
#      DCT.Translator.new(props.globals.getNode("sim/model/config/show-yokes"), pilot.getNode("sim/model/config/show-yokes")),
#      DCT.Translator.new(props.globals.getNode("sim/model/config/glass-reflection"), pilot.getNode("sim/model/config/glass-reflection")),
      DCT.Translator.new(props.globals.getNode("sim/model/config/light-cone"), pilot.getNode("sim/model/config/light-cone")),

Thanks in advance!

If anyone happens to know who's the dc-3's maintainer these days, please let me know. I am not sure yet whom to contact in case we fix the problems.
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Postby Richard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Thanks for the F-14 report; multiplayer sound isn't something that I'd even noticed was missing; I'll look into adding it.
Richard

Version: Git

Return to Multiplayer