Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Top 10 pilots in a week on FGTracker

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Top 10 pilots in a week on FGTracker

Postby PavlinS » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:09 am

Split off from the topic FGTracker issues.

I beguining to think that N8AHR is a cheater - again he is more than 1 week on first place in the tracker. Not did I mind, but, can enyone restrick this guy to stop creating nonsense pilot time? It isreally annoying!
Last edited by Johan G on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split off from the topic FGTracker issues.
PavlinS

Callsign: PavlinS
Version: 2016.4.4

Re: FGTracker issues

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:11 am

really, PavlinS? when it is so easy for pilots to use 2X or more time in their flights? i've seen quite many of them in the few weeks i've been doing MP stuffs... remember, it isn't a game, as such... what does it really matter? bragging rights or something??
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby PavlinS » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:33 am

It is impossible. I has lot more flight time than him and still he is having impossible to catch up time. It is not relevant to the other pilots!
PavlinS

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:43 am

+1 wkitty42.

Come on Pavlin you're ranked 15th, he's ranked 68th in the overall Top100. I don't really see the point of making it a scandal.
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby PavlinS » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:07 pm

I do not make a scandal, Mav. I just wonder why we all are competeing for thisplaces there and someone is always on absurd time and always first for that. It is not fair.
PavlinS

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:01 am

play your game and let them play their's... i play mine, ya know? ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Lets ask the question....PavlinS, How many times do you start a long haul flight and put it into autopilot following a flightplan, then either go to bed, go and get something to eat, go down the pub... leave it to do it's own thing knowing a rough time of arrival at your destination, and then return to finish maybe the last hour of the flight? Please don't say you sit in front of your screen for maybe 12 hours + constantly monitoring your plane because if you do , I don't believe you!!! I do it I think several of us do the above Myself being one of those offenders, So I must be a cheater as well then? We would all like to get to the No 1 position, But I'm in no rush, It's not the football league, there's no prizes for getting to No 1, There will be no fireworks or pyrotechnics, gold & silver glitter falling from the air, or the magnum of champagne to spray everywhere. More than anything I just use this to keep track of my flight hours, I really don't care who is next in the list and where I am. Also the person N8AHR isn't the only one out there "hogging your limelight" at the top of the list in a week or month constantly. I have to say that there is very little you or anyone can do if the said person or people want to switch on fuel freeze and fly 24/7 365 days of the year. So you might as well give up on this little crusade, as it seems a bit of a poinless one to me
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby PavlinSierra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:09 am

Now I know........ This guy use 3 different computers. 2 with one callsign and one with another. I use 1 computer.... And I am going to lead!!!! LOL!
PavlinSierra
Retired

Version: 2016 4.4

Postby Hazuki » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:50 am

Up to now I don't see anyone violated "Rules and Obligations when using FGTracker (fgtracker.ml)". However, there may still be other rules, obligations, terms, conditions or agreements imposed to anyone by other entities. Report to that certain entities if you thinks fit.
Hazuki

Callsign: Quofei
IRC name: Hazuki

Postby PavlinSierra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Hazuki, the map shows 2 people with the same callsign. I do not think it is against the rules, just noticed. If you see north there is a 3 planes - 2 of them has the same callsign. So, actually is the same person.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby PavlinSierra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:13 pm

@Clive2670, Look , when I do a long houl flight recently I start to set up alarms to save flight recorder tapes and even to manage fuel. In discord I add a screenshot yesterday - and also some times I interrupt the long houl with landings. For example, yesterday I was doing a custom route flight from NZAA to OTBD. I stopped 2 times on this flight - in Malaasia and in India. So. I do not like someone to use 3 planes on the same tracker just to be " more experienced" than the others. For me this is a competition for rates - this makes you a better pilot. So, it gas to be fair.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:41 pm

There are way better pilots who aren't even in that high-ranked part of the tracker who flew nearly every single minute of their flights, and very well.
I don't think that someone who does long hauls all the time can considers himself a good or the best pilot.
At least, that is my point of view.
I'm more of a military guy so you know, my definition of good pilots is handling a fighter jet at high speeds and low altitudes, not by claiming top ranking into a leaderboard, even if being there is some kind of reward someone can have after all.
Quality not quantity, makes a good pilot most of the times, remember that.
;)
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Certainly. If you fly but are sleeping, that just shows that you are a good FMC button pusher. If you go and fly an A320 between London and Amsterdam in a thunderstorm with winds of fifteen knots or fly an F-16 through the Grand Canyon that shows you are a good pilot.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby PavlinSierra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Okay than. Obviasly I am a bad pilot. Thank you.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby Octal450 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm sorry -- but why do you care how much hours you have? I thought we just in this for the fun of flight.......

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Next

Return to Multiplayer