Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

fg crashing

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

fg crashing

Postby gfox1 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:54 am

Does anyone know how to stop fg crashing when a model tu154b logs on?
gfox1

Re: fg crashing

Postby AndersG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:35 pm

Move the tu154b's directory out of your aircraft directory and see if that helps.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby gfox1 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:22 pm

fg was crashing before I put tu154b into aircraft directory. The only way I found to continue is to quickly ignore it in pilots list when I log on but that is difficult! I need to find it on the list and quickly ignore it but I'm not always fast enough. Please help!!!
gfox1

Postby AndersG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Now, that is odd since it should be no worse than any other aircraft you don't have installed. The exception might be if it triggers some odd condition in the MP packets that you FG crashes on. Which version of FG do you use?

But first try moving $FGROOT/AI/Aircraft/tu154b out of the way - it appears the tu154b is one of the few aircraft that supplies an MP/AI version.
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby clrCoda » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:14 am

unfortunately the tu-154 is only one of many ai planes that crash flighthear. If you fly the world scenery over and don't use the ai stuff like the broken traffic manager or the poorly defined scenarios or the ai atc the all that stuff should be explicitly shut off or other wise removed from the active system.
That's only if you want reliable sim runs with out system crashes and prefer to deal with real pilots rather than poorly defined fake ones. This has been the recommendation all along.
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Return to Multiplayer