Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

FGTracker issues

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: FGTracker issues

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm

you have to wait something like 60 seconds to post another post on the forums... it is a built-in deterrent to help prevent spambots from flooding the areas with spam... the time limit is a setting in the forum configs that the admins can adjust as they like
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:07 pm

All sorted now Hazuki thanks
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby Hazuki » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 am

wkitty42 wrote in Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm:you have to wait something like 60 seconds to post another post on the forums... it is a built-in deterrent to help prevent spambots from flooding the areas with spam... the time limit is a setting in the forum configs that the admins can adjust as they like

And brilliant my WXF post is altered without trace. Is this forum hosted in communist China?
Hazuki

Callsign: Quofei
IRC name: Hazuki

Postby Gijs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:08 pm

@Hazuki, apparently something went wrong splitting your post. The question about time limit should've ended up in the "forum" subforum. Sorry for that, I'll take more care next time to prevent such unintential results.

Here's the answer:
wkitty42 wrote in Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm:you have to wait something like 60 seconds to post another post on the forums...

That's correct. It's set to 60 seconds on our forum. I didn't expect anyone to ever hit that limit, but apparently it can happen.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:01 pm

i see the limiter pop up quite a bit... especially if i'm doing a lot of replying in topics that don't have a lot of new posts ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Hazuki » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:14 am

There is a network issue on FGTracker and therefore service suspended until further notice. Meanwhile if you use mpserver15, flight will lost track by FGTracker. Use any other mpserver which tracked by FGTracker instead.

Edit: 27.03.18 1403HKT The service resumed. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Hazuki

Data Purging on 2018.09.01

Postby Hazuki » Wed May 02, 2018 5:17 am

It has been over 1.5 years since callsign reigstration was required for flight tracking, and I do think it is about time to purge data which the owners don't care in order to save resources (Disk space, bandwidth and computing power etc.). In this regard, a data purging program is launched as follows:

1. All data which the callsign has no registration record will be purged on or after 2018.09.01. Obviously only records created before 2016.11.15 will be affected.

2. Data owner who wish to retain their data, either they are required to download their data through API before 2018.09.01, or register their callsign before 2018.09.01.

3. If any player recognize former notable player(s) and wish to retain their flight data, please feel free to contact me via PM on FlightGear Forum. Sufficient evidence (excluding total flight time in FGTracker) must be provided to prove that the player was famous. Discretion on such data purging exclusion lies with me, the FGTracker owner.
Hazuki

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey Hazuki!
Thanks for everything you do for the MP users.
I'd like to ask if it'd be possible now that the tracker will have way less data to create a more sophisticated tracking system like e.g. VATSIM has. This means that users would require to subscribe to the FG tracker with a personal account (maybe enabling more functions like dunno nationality etc.) and can connect to it like 10 different callsigns which will be all summed up into the user's total flight hours. I guess it is a complicated task to carry out but I'd be interested to know it is actually possible to have.
Kind regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby Hazuki » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:14 pm

FGTracker (a.k.a. MPSERVER15) is down since 1600UTC due to unknown networking issue. Meanwhile if you use mpserver15, flight will lost track by FGTracker. Use any other mpserver which tracked by FGTracker instead.

EDIT 1: Service resumed at 1810UTC using redundent router. Since IP is changed, we have to wait ns A record of mpserver15.flightgear.org be propagate which time cost is unpreditable.
Last edited by Hazuki on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazuki

Postby Hazuki » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:48 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote in Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:27 pm:Hey Hazuki!
Thanks for everything you do for the MP users.
I'd like to ask if it'd be possible now that the tracker will have way less data to create a more sophisticated tracking system like e.g. VATSIM has. This means that users would require to subscribe to the FG tracker with a personal account (maybe enabling more functions like dunno nationality etc.) and can connect to it like 10 different callsigns which will be all summed up into the user's total flight hours. I guess it is a complicated task to carry out but I'd be interested to know it is actually possible to have.
Kind regards, Mav

I don't use VATSIM but your idea is interesting. I will consider something similar. Now I don't have plan to create personal account but indeed total flight time could be grouped by email address (now each email address support up to 5 different callsigns), and the current ranking will be replaced.

Since email address cannot be used for ranking presentation, the "username" of the email address will be the most frequent callsign (in terms of total flight time) used by the owner.

Please voice out your (any player is welcome) opinion!
Hazuki

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:05 am

Hazuki wrote in Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:48 pm:I don't use VATSIM but your idea is interesting.

Thank you! I'm not a VATSIM fan either, especially if related to the FlightGear context. My conviction is that if people worked to create a working MP environment for FG, there's no need to go find something external, but to somehow help in making it better.

Anyway, that said, I'm glad you enjoyed my proposal and I hope it will become true at some point.
Regarding the account part, best way to do it would be IMO (using myself as example):
username: J Maverick 16 (to be displayed in ranking and so on)
email: blahblah@something.com
password: blahblahagain
Possibility to register a certain amount of callsigns (I'd say around 10 to give a wide range especially if someone likes using airline-specific ones) both already registered and in use (like J-Mav16, OPFOR96) and both new.
All the flight hours clocked in the different callsigns will be displayed under the username with the possibility to show how many of those hours (plus the rest of the current available statics) were clocked with which callsign.
Then if wanted a few more options about the user could be set like nationality, home airport, FG version, etc.
Hope it will give a wider idea about it. ;)
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby KB7 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Hazuki wrote in Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:14 pm:FGTracker (a.k.a. MPSERVER15) is down since 1600UTC due to unknown networking issue. Meanwhile if you use mpserver15, flight will lost track by FGTracker. Use any other mpserver which tracked by FGTracker instead.

EDIT 1: Service resumed at 1810UTC using redundent router. Since IP is changed, we have to wait ns A record of mpserver15.flightgear.org be propagate which time cost is unpreditable.

That's a little problem for me. Ever since I returned to FG a month ago I've found that when I select Multiplayer it presents a changing list of servers to me. 15 is usually the only server which shows regular connection to the tracker. Once in awhile 1 or 51 is given as an option, but my current list for selection in FG is 14, 13, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (and yes some of those are duped.) 12 and 13 are not even listed on the tracker as existing, 14 and 16 list that they've never connected to the tracker and aren't monitored. I have no other options.

So I guess I'm not flying tonight. (?) [Edit to add: Actually, this was yesterday - my computer monitor died in one of those freaky coincidences.... Now finishing this on an alternate monitor.]

As an aside, there seem to have been a lot of networking issues affecting the flightgear universe lately (MPMAP2 down, MPMAP03 intermittent especially last night...) And tonight I reloaded the tracker page status and got basically the same amount- 15 is reading itself only? Has anyone given consideration that there may be a coordinated effort to disrupt FG servers operations? (Alternate question, was MPMAP03 unveiled and is it causing issues?)

[2nd edit to add.... I see in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=34337 that there were indeed problems with the scenery (and other?) servers - I read the initial message and forgot it I guess. So could the problem either be whatever was done to help mitigate that problem and/or a separate assault on the tracker?]
KB7

Callsign: KB7
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby Hazuki » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 am

Latest update on FGTracker: Normal operation.
Latest update on MPSERVER15: Normal operation. However, "mpserver15.flightgear.org" is currentely pointed to a wrong address so it is de facto DOWN in view of players. the NS record needs sometime to "fix" and estimated time is unknown, which could be as long as weeks.

Latest update on MPSERVER15 (0833UTC): Use of other tracking MPSERVER is recommended. In case you wish to use MPSERVER15, please manually set MP server be "clan.ml".
Hazuki

Postby Hazuki » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:01 pm

I was not able to contect OS, the MPSERVER01 maintainer, since 16 JUN for fixing relay. Therefore MPSERVER15 is not able to connect to MPSERVER network until further notice. Use any other tracking MPSERVER instead.

Edit: relay is fixed. The only issue is wrong A record of mpserver15.flightgear.org
Hazuki

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 am

Hazuki wrote in Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:01 pm:Edit: relay is fixed. The only issue is wrong A record of mpserver15.flightgear.org

has this been reported to the dev mailing list so it can be fixed in the dns zone??
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer