Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Crash

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Crash

Postby delamora » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Please help.

In MP mode, I seem to be experiencing common crashes at and around airports. I hope this does not mean I have to download every single plane in FGFS.

I am using a Mac and I am not a programmer, so I do not know how to get the "Log" function to give you more details at the moment. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, and I am more than happy to provide more information if you tell me how and what.

Thanks!
delamora

Re: Crash

Postby Johan G » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:12 pm

delamora wrote in Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:02 pm:In MP mode, I seem to be experiencing common crashes at and around airports.

For a start, could you be a bit more specific with how and when FlightGear crashes. In essence does you FG crash already while showing the splash screen when in muliplayer, or does it crash when you are getting closer to areas with more intense traffic from other pilots?

If it does crash while at the splash screen, does it only at a highly modelled and heavy trafficked like for example KSFO or does it do that on any airport in MP?
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby delamora » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks. It crashes once I am in FG. I never start it up on FG to make sure that I am not on an active runway.

It has crashed at KSFO and EDDF. I have not tried MP at other airports because there are generally no other pilots where I like to fly. For example, I will be in contact regularly with ATC on approach to KSFO, and when I am close to the airport (but before ILS interrupt), it will crash. Other times, I will be parked at the gate, get clearance to taxi, and then it will crash during taxi.

I am able to see some other planes, and other times I just see the small blue and yellow glider-like contraption. It is frustrating because when it crashes, I lose my flight plan and everything else.

Thanks again.
delamora

Postby Fillibert » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 am

Fillibert

Postby Johan G » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 pm

What operating system (e.g. Windows etc.) are you using? How much RAM memory do you have, what graphics card do you have and how much memory does that have?
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby delamora » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Johan G wrote in Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 pm:What operating system (e.g. Windows etc.) are you using? How much RAM memory do you have, what graphics card do you have and how much memory does that have?

I am on a Macbook Air. System is OSX, Processor 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB, Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63).

I have 20GB free in memory.

If I am missing any information, let me know how to get it and I will provide it. Thanks for the help.
delamora

Return to Multiplayer