Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Multiplayer connection problem!

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Multiplayer connection problem!

Postby jeanluke23 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi!
I'm new here and also in Flightgear simulator. I've got some problems to get online on the multiplayer the last few days and at the moment I really can't connect anymore. In fact I'm running a Macbook and Flightgear 2.10. The problem is that every time I wake up my computer this, changes the IP address. So when I try to get online Flightgear doesn't search my new IP and obviously my connection activates only for about 20-30 seconds. Now, in the previous Flightgear versions I know that in the Flightgear launcher, in the network section there was a space to enter the IP. Now, in the 2.10 version I can't anymore enter it. So I searched on the internet and I found that I can enter this in "Others" section:

--multiplay=out,10,mpserver15.flightgear.org,5000
--multiplay=in,10,192.168.1.19,5000
--callsing=GVA0039
--enable-ai-models

This worked a couple of times but now I can't get on the multiplayer anymore. What should I do? What is my mistake? Thanks!
Computer: Macbook Pro
Flightgear version: 2.10
jeanluke23

Re: Multiplayer connection problem!

Postby BRT » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi

Can you change the Mac so that it doesn't change the IP each time you turn it on?
BRT

Re: Multiplayer connection problem!

Postby sa7k » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm

I would say the same, you can assign a static IP number if it is in your local network. Or even set the dhcp server to assign always the same IP number to the same interface.
sa7k

Callsign: LV-EPM
IRC name: sa7k
Version: git

Return to Multiplayer