Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

MP Carrier "detection range"

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

MP Carrier "detection range"

Postby sgofferj » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi,

it seems, that in 2.6 I can only select MP carriers which are <=5nm from my position. That's a bit short :). Helo-flying and mouse actions don't go together well.
Is there any way to change this?
FG 3.1 GIT / Opensuse 12.3 / Phenom II X4 / GForce GTX560
Stefan's little Flightgear corner | The Finnish Weather Center | Wolves in Finland

Working on: EFTP
COM: IAX2:home.gofferje.net/stefan (MO-FR 0700-2000 UTC, SA+SU 0900-2000 UTC)
sgofferj

Callsign: OH-SW
Version: 3.1 GIT

Re: MP Carrier "detection range"

Postby AndersG » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Try increasing /sim/rendering/static-lod/ai-detailed from 10000m to something larger.
E.g. by adding --prop:/sim/rendering/static-lod/ai-detailed=20000 to the command line.

The MP/AI model and the attached Nasal module that you want to connect your carrier to probably isn't loaded until you are within the ai-detailed LOD range. (The effect on MPCarrier then, is a side effect of the recent improvement in AI handling.)

[edit]
Additionally you could preset the callsign of the carrier player you want to see, e.g.:
--prop:/sim/mp-carriers/nimitz-callsign=<the callsign>

Then the Nimitz MPCarrier should activate as soon as you come within AI range of that carrier player. Using TACAN to home in on the carrier from further out will not work in this case, however.

I'll see if FG can be changed to activate the MP model attached Nasal module as the MP/AI player comes within the outer AI LOD range rather than when within the detailed. Such a change is not without other potential problems, though.
[/edit]

/Anders
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Return to Multiplayer