Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

FG Tracker

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

FG Tracker

Postby 3willi » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi, team FG and administrator

is good that someone cares aboutthis page If it is broken and correction of damaged ;-)

For what I wanted in his own behalf and on behalfpriaatelov you fly with me, thank you very much.

Downtime but mean that the database becomes inaccurate.

Gives an example:

1.) in case of failure in the active pilot entered false information on the length of the flight

user : vincent
fly nr. 100
fly duration : 19 day 21:46:33

user: Darius
fly nr. 201
fly duracion : 9 day 19:50:59

2.) missing data on flights where the pilot begins to flyafter outage
simply no data :-(

3.) users leaving the aircraft at the airport, fligh few thours, and parking for several days

user : XANG
fly nr. 1021
fly duration : 6 day 04:16:01

user : XANG
fly nr. 1082
fly duration : 1 day 00:43:04

I do not want to sound like some of the Puritan or not a cop but it's way if someone misused as in Section 3
to all trying to play fairly and abide by the rules.

This is one part of the second, I would like to askhow you can help with the operation of servers.experience, work or financially because I like FGand I would like also within my capacity to contribute to the improvement or assistance.

Thank you for your understanding and eagerlyawait your response and suggestions.

Sincerely, Willi

FG nick 3willi
3willi

Re: FG Tracker

Postby Hazuki » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 am

As far as I know there are some limitations (and probably design issues) on the current tracker.

You may always look into this page http://fgms.sourceforge.net/serverops.php for the tracker design details. And put it short, the multiplayer servers work similar to an IRC network and the tracker is one of the servers in the MP network. It records all the data flow in the network and keeps it in a database. If the tacker server is offline from the network, BOOM, the tracker will lost all the information during its outage. I know the the code maintainer aware this problem but apparently there are some priority bugs/development in his hand and this *feature* probably will be there for a while.

The tracker records a flight's details in one entry, and wapoints (wp - location of the plane at specific time) in another entry. If the flight end time reported by the MP servers is much longer than the last waypoints time, say 3 days or more, the Tracker will then use the last way point's time as the end time. Therefore case 1 never exists, and actually examples in case 1 should be the same case as case 3. They probably paused the flights for some days rather than parking.

For case 2, as I mentioned above, this *feature* will be there for a while.

For case 3, I guess there isn't any solution for that. The maintainer can't simply pull it off from the database because they are parked in the airport for over XX% of the period.

If you flying around the tracker, you can find over tens of the problems in the records. For example, the tracker tracks the playback and you can always find a 777 flew over 10 Mach.

Conclusion: FG Tracker is not perfect and well... It's for leisure and don't get it too serious.
Hazuki

Callsign: Quofei
IRC name: Hazuki

Return to Multiplayer