Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Help with fgtracker please :)!  Topic is solved

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Help with fgtracker please :)!  

Postby FgOWnZ » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:05 am

Lol and I don't seem to understand where should I start :L

-My OS= Windows 7 home premium
-Flight gear version= partition1)1.9.1b, partition2) GIT.

I have been very interested in the flightgear project recently, and have been enjoying the features that the opensource program has to offer, today I registered with an virtual airline but it seems that flightgear tracker is not working for me (http://fgtracker.ahven.eu/modules/fgtracker/ is the url I use).
I am not able to see anyone else's flights tracked or mine, I flew today with the callsign of AVE0264.
maybe the problem is that I am not entering a hostname on the Atlas box in fgwizard?
if so what should I enter?, I searched everywhere, even on the wiki :/
I hope you guys/girls can redirect me to the correct direction.

Thankyou :oops:
FgOWnZ

Re: Help with fgtracker please :)!

Postby kyokoyama » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:09 am

The tracker has always been a very unreliable tool, as it doesn't even track half of your flights.

I'm not sure if this applies now, but before I left AVA, they did not require you to fill out a link to your flight because of the high amount of flights that weren't recorded by the site.
If that still holds true, you should be fine without your Tracker.
Look for "B-BIRD" "N127KY" or "AVA0004" -that's me.

Despite having over 1700 posts here, I am not even close to being the most skilled guy here... I'm just words and bad drawing, not experience. :P
kyokoyama

Callsign: B-BIRD, N127KY
Version: 2.12.1

Postby FgOWnZ » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:04 pm

kyokoyama wrote in Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:09 am:The tracker has always been a very unreliable tool, as it doesn't even track half of your flights.

I'm not sure if this applies now, but before I left AVA, they did not require you to fill out a link to your flight because of the high amount of flights that weren't recorded by the site.
If that still holds true, you should be fine without your Tracker.

But it requires you fill out a link for fgtracker.

maybe I could provide a screenshot http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/unleddba.jpg/
FgOWnZ

Postby kyokoyama » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:49 pm

I just put the homepage for the tracker (just fgtracker.ahven.eu/models/tracker, and nothing else), and write on the PIREPS comment that the file's tracker information couldn't be found.

Despite having over 1700 posts here, I am not even close to being the most skilled guy here... I'm just words and bad drawing, not experience. :P
kyokoyama

Postby FgOWnZ » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:55 pm

kyokoyama wrote in Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:49 pm:I just put the homepage for the tracker (just fgtracker.ahven.eu/models/tracker, and nothing else), and write on the PIREPS comment that the file's tracker information couldn't be found.

Thanks for your co-operation kyokoyama :)
well I'll file up a report just like you instructed and just to trace my overall progress I'll use a java map :D.
If something does not work, I'll contact AVA myself :), anyways thanks. 8)
FgOWnZ

Postby clrCoda » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi FgOWnZ!

I'm Ray, and I'm the Pilots Resource Officer at Atlas.

http://fgtracker.ahven.eu/modules/fgtracker/ is indeed the tracker, but one must also be sure to set the multiplayer server settings so that you use a server being tracked. You probably already know this part, but it could help someone else so...

Where you put in your callsign, there is the Multiplayer box, and you want to enter a tracked server like " mpserver01.flightgear.org " . Some of the servers are not tracked, for instance 02, 06 and 12 are posted at the flightgear wiki page for Multiplayer http://wiki.flightgear.org/Multiplayer as not being tracked.

Other servers may not be tracked as well, so I sometimes test that I am being tracked by loading sim, and then going to
http://fgtracker.ahven.eu/modules/fgtracker/ put in my callsign and look down the page to see if it is tracking my current position, before I start a flight.

The owner of the tracker, callsign ahven has worked hard this last year to get his system stable, and so far these last couple months he has re-instated the sight at this new URL address, has new hardware, and new software running to improve the service.

And like Andy Kyokoyama said, if you don't have tracking info because the trackers are down, enter "no tracker" in the box. I'll know when the tracker is down because it will be down for me too. :)

I invite you to join the Atlas forum, a link appears when you log into the Atlas site right where the site log in link is placed.

Glad to have you aboard, look forward to flying with you.

Ray

The only thing I am missing at tracker is the TOP 100! :)
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby kyokoyama » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:09 pm

clrCoda wrote in Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:52 pm:And like Andy Kyokoyama said...

This is kinda unrelated, but the "K" in my username is just my initial for my first name... "Yokoyama" is my last name.

Sorry, just had to point that out.

kyokoyama

Return to Multiplayer