Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Building FGMS on gcc4.4.5 error but ok on gcc 4.3.2

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Building FGMS on gcc4.4.5 error but ok on gcc 4.3.2

Postby hca » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:41 pm

I tried to build fgms on ubuntu maverick which is gcc4.4.5 but it fails with a declaration issue on the simgear files supplied with fgms

Making all in misc
libtool: compile: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../.. -I ../../../src -Wall -MT sg_path.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sg_path.Tpo -c sg_path.cxx -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/sg_path.o
In file included from sg_path.cxx:28:
../../../src/simgear/debug/logstream.hxx: In member function ‘virtual int logbuf::overflow(int)’:
../../../src/simgear/debug/logstream.hxx:213: error: ‘EOF’ was not declared in this scope

The offending line from src/simgear/debug/logstream.hxx is-- return logging_enabled ? sbuf->sputc(c) : (EOF == 0 ? 1: 0);

BUT it builds ok on suse 11.1 with gcc4.3.2

The FG and SG sources used in the build are with the mpfs git download, so its not looking at my installed v2.2.0.But in the v2,2,0 simgear file which builds on this ubuntu machine, the exact same line exists.but a different line number (but the file is different so this may mean nothing)

Is this just a problem because the new compiler is more strict? As far I can see thats the only difference.

Edited name typos. HCA
Last edited by hca on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
hca

Re: Building MPFS on gcc4.4.5 error

Postby HHS » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:54 pm

MPFS is what? Never heard of it....
Up, up and away
HHS
Retired

Version: GIT

Return to Multiplayer