Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

ubuntu vatsim problem

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

ubuntu vatsim problem

Postby bobterri » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:07 pm

I run FG 1.9.1 in Ubuntu 10.10 with an integrated Intel video chip. Following Squawkgear instruction at http://squawkgear.wordpress.com/starting/ I have semi-successfully logged on to Vatsim. I amsuccessfully running SB747 and AVC on Wine in Ubuntu. I can hear ATC and can text them and they can text me. I have not been able to test my microphone yet.

My problem is that I can log on through a Mediacom Cable Modem at work and this all works. However, at home with my Qwest DSL service it does not. When I try to start up FG with the directions from the Squawkgear, FG crashes and returns the following message in terminal:

Error: connect() failed in make_client_socket()
SG_IO_OUT socket creation failed
Error opening channel communication layer.
I/O Channel config failed.

Are there some changes I need to make in my settings on my Qwest DSL modem? Or something else?
bobterri

Re: ubuntu vatsim problem

Postby MaverickAlex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:12 am

maybe need to check the firewall to ensure your modem will allow the telnet connection?
http://www.atlasvirtualairlines.com
Modeller of: TNCM TBPB MDPP TFFF TJSJ FMEE TKPK TFFG TQPF KLAX KATL EGNJ EGGW APACHE, EUROFIGHTER, HP VICTOR, DHC8
FGcom 122.75
creator Terragear GUI
MaverickAlex

Postby bobterri » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 pm

I'll give it a "look see." Thanks.
bobterri

Postby bobterri » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Well, actually, the computer firewall is allowing the telnet communication on the Mediacom cable modem, apparently, because it works on that network. It's my home Qwest DSL that isn't working. I checked the Qwest modem last night and the modem/router firewall is turned off.
bobterri

Return to Multiplayer