Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Can´t see other planes  Topic is solved

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Can´t see other planes

Postby Ivan-Pekar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 pm

I use FlightGear 2018.1. I have the same problem. I don't have fgrun or any other start up programs. Just 'Flightgear'
Can anyone explain what to do to see other aircraft, please?

Thank you
Ivan Pekar
Ivan-Pekar

Re: Can´t see other planes

Postby wkitty42 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:51 pm

have you enabled multiplayer in the launcher and selected a server to connect to?

at most, there may be 75-100 other folks in the world flying in MP at any time of the day... that's not a lot of people when you consider how large the world is... also when you consider that you'll only see those within 100 to 200 nm of you...

at the time of this post, there are 35 folks listed on mpserver16.flightgear.org... two of them are ATC... one at EDDM and the other looks to be testing at KHAF...

so yeah, only 35 folks flying around in FG right now...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Previous

Return to Multiplayer