Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

FGTracker issues

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: FGTracker issues

Postby benih » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:06 pm

It's working for me right now: https://fgtracker.ml/
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX
Version: next

Postby Hazuki » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 am

FGTracker is down due to disk failure. Since on-site service is required, FGTracker is suspended without estimated recovery time

I believe that your flight data is not affected. Sorry for inconvenienced caused.
Hazuki

Callsign: Quofei
IRC name: Hazuki

Postby Hazuki » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:16 pm

Service resumed
Hazuki

Postby Honu4 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:42 pm

So it’s either my ISP (Spectrum) or my router that’s not allowing the site to pass. The Verizon network for my phone doesn’t have a problem with it. Any tips on what to look for?
Aloha,
Honu4

MacBookPro, Mac OSx v10.15.7
Honu4

Callsign: Honu-4
Version: Nightly

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:22 am

Looks like the MP tracker is down as of Dec. 10th, any news on that?
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby Hazuki » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:15 am

Sorry for late reply. We are having DNS issue which requires all FGMS changing their configuration. I pretty sure no data is lost but we need few days or even weeks waiting the servers communicate again. Sorry for inconvenienced cuased.
Hazuki

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Hazuki wrote in Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:15 am:Sorry for late reply. We are having DNS issue which requires all FGMS changing their configuration. I pretty sure no data is lost but we need few days or even weeks waiting the servers communicate again. Sorry for inconvenienced cuased.

No worries! Thanks for keeping us updated ad glad that it didn't hit the flight history all that much. Hopefully it can be solved soon enough!
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby drR0ckso » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:19 pm

Hazuki wrote in Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:15 am:Sorry for late reply. We are having DNS issue which requires all FGMS changing their configuration. I pretty sure no data is lost but we need few days or even weeks waiting the servers communicate again. Sorry for inconvenienced cuased.

The following servers are now reporting to the fgtracker.ml in addition to mpserver01:

mpserver19
mpserver20
mpserver21
mpserver51

Hazuki, thank you again for all your hard work.
I speak only for myself.
drR0ckso

Postby Hazuki » Wed May 04, 2022 6:01 am

I was informed by Google that "low level security" SMTP service will not be available to me on or after 2022.05.30. This will affect the callsign registration as I cannot send you the verification email to your email address. If you do not receive the verification email after callsign registration, please PM me (Hazuki) in the flightgear forum. I will activate your callsign manually.
Hazuki

Postby Hazuki » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:35 pm

It's a disaster after the server is upgrade to PHP8.2 with Bookworm. XOOPS is basically broken everywhere (i.e. not compatable with PHP8.2).

Since
1) it is not my priority on bug fixing FGTracker,
2) I don't think it is wise to downgrade PHP,
3) I am not planning to fix XOOPS (unless the fix is very trivial, but at this moment I don't see so)

FGTracker web GUI will remain broken until further notice. It is also possible that FGTracker web GUI will be dead forever, as I don't think XOOPS is in active development.

I have no plan on spending time to change Content Management System (CMS), though I do think eventually FGTracker has to be migrated to new CMS.

In the mean time, you can still access your data from FGTracker interface. You may check the manual on how to use it.

FGTracker is still accepting connections from MPservers, but ranking update is suspended due to incompatibility with PHP8.2.

This post will keep on updating the latest development.

Update 1 (2023-06-14 1325Z)
1. Ranking update is resumed
2. I am looking on how to utilize docker to install PHP7. As I am a PHP5 era developer (when there was no docker style virtualization solution), I need sometime to explore how to install docker and how it works.

Update 2 (2023-06-15 0810Z)

1. With the help of docker, all FGTracker functions should be resumed, though few turbulance (service out time) may be encountered as new service restart scripts and program interfaces still need a few live stress test and fine tuning, in particular, ranking update stript - it still acting strange.

I do not except any futher events worth updating here. If you are having trouble using FGTracker, please PM me or leave a message in this thread. Average response time is a quarter of year.

Thanks for flying with FGTracker. Have a nice flight!
Last edited by Hazuki on Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hazuki

Postby Balgair » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:27 pm

Now that FGTracker is not working how can we access Flight time of new flights?
Balgair

Postby Hazuki » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:19 am

Not sure what you mean "Flight time of new flights"

Any case every data that was available in the Web GUI can be retrieved via FGTracker interface(in fact all data in Web GUI was from the interface)
Hazuki

Postby Balgair » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:18 am

Sorry if I was not clear. What I meant is if you do new flights in FGFS will all the data update in the FGTrackerinterface, or just some of the data?
Balgair

Postby Hazuki » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:28 pm

If you made new flights with registered callsign in FGFS and connect to a FGMS which supplies data to FGTracker, then yes you flights is still tracked.

By the way callsign registration is also suspended as it is hosted in FGTracker Web GUI.
Hazuki

Postby Hazuki » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:33 pm

Update 1 (2023-06-14 1325Z)
1. Ranking update is resumed
2. I am looking on how to utilize docker to install PHP7. As I am a PHP5 era developer (when there was no docker style virtualization solution), I need sometime to explore how to install docker and how it works.
Hazuki

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer