Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Aircraft invisible over MP

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Aircraft invisible over MP

Postby ThomasEngine » Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm

The problem is the following:

BRT Virtual Airlines is holding races over multiplayer, and the races are filmed. The races are filmed through the model view of the contestants, however after the contestants are further than (approximately 0.5nm) they disappear from one another's model views in FG. This has never been a problem before in earlier Flightgear versions, but only with 3.4 which I am currently using.

The races are being filmed through a ufo that is standing at the finish line and filming contestant pilots from their model view while they are in the air.

I use: Mac 10.10.13, FG 3.4
Any ideas on how to fix? It is very frustrating.usps tracking showbox speed test
Last edited by ThomasEngine on Wed May 05, 2021 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThomasEngine

Re: Aircraft invisible over MP

Postby wkitty42 » Tue May 04, 2021 3:47 pm

ummm... which "FG 3.4"?? there are three versions with that numbering... after FG switched its version numbering system (at the beginning of 2016) the entire version number is important and necessary...

Code: Select all
February 17, 2015    3.4
[...]
August 9, 2019       2018.3.4 (bugfix release)
[...]
December 1, 2020     2020.3.4 (bugfix release)

https://wiki.flightgear.org/FlightGear_History#Release_timeline

with that all said, the "problem" you are seeing is either in your LOD settings, the craft's code, or it isn't a problem and you really cannot see those craft at that distance... in any case, more information is needed...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Multiplayer