Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Aircraft for beginners?

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Aircraft for beginners?

Postby redneck » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:57 am

I think Kabuki was referring more to engine response than anything else. Jets take a while to spool up and slow down. Piston engines respond almost instantly to your input. So, at low speeds, the piston engine is much more forgiving, since you won't have to wait for power after you throttle up if you make a mistake.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby Kabuki » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:22 pm

redneck wrote:I think Kabuki was referring more to engine response than anything else. Jets take a while to spool up and slow down. Piston engines respond almost instantly to your input. So, at low speeds, the piston engine is much more forgiving, since you won't have to wait for power after you throttle up if you make a mistake.

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you for clarifying my mumbo-jumbo.
This is a family-friendly saloon. No talk stink.
Kabuki

Location: Usually on the ground, always in the sky, except when underwater.
Callsign: Kabuki
Version: 3.0.0

Postby timjschong » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Yes, now that I think of it, it does make sense.
Which could also be why they've started making propfans. Though i did hear it was something to do with fuel economy.
timjschong

Callsign: timothy
Version: 2

Postby JohnWells » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:56 am

MAKG wrote in Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:14 pm:
thatoneguytrying wrote:like i'm a high school student but i have learned about stall somewhere...but not lift

Stall and lift are intimately related. If you don't understand one, you don't understand the other.
https://writemyessay.onl/do-my-project/
Hint: gliders can stall. It's not about the engines.

Though most of the stuff easily available is intended for college undergrads or grad students, a private pilot's license can be earned in the US at 16, so I'm sure you can find something appropriate. Perhaps try the nearest small airport (most have pilot shops).

A friend of mine has undergone CAE Pilot Licensing for Integrated Aviation (ATPL) CAE allows students with little or no experience of flying at Commercial Pilot License (CPL) level with Frozen ATPL and Multi-Engine (ME) Instrument Rating (IR) ) at around 18 months of age and were developed jointly with leading airlines.
JohnWells

Postby xen_steda » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:21 pm

Hey I would go and grab the Robin dr400 Dauphin (it has a yellow/orange looking livery in the hangar), the JSBSim one, it has autostart and is really fun to fly. The Cessna 172p is a solid beginner plane it should be said.
xen_steda

Previous

Return to Flying