Board index FlightGear Support Flying

An-24B

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

An-24B

Postby psyduck » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:31 pm

is there functional landing light and cabin light in these plane

i can start manually the apu and the engines, but i can't reload the batteries.

in equipments there is an option "rockets" and "reload rockets" what is it ?
psyduck

Callsign: psyduck

Re: An-24B

Postby Ysop » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:36 am

i can start manually the apu and the engines, but i can't reload the batteries.

Have you worked along the quickstart.pdf? Generators are mentioned there.

in equipments there is an option "rockets" and "reload rockets" what is it ?

You can drop flares. But no idea where....ctrl-c is your friend for searching.

Märchenprinz will have more information.
Ysop

Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Maerchenprinz » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:16 pm

Hi psyduck!

Märchenprinz will have more information.

Speak of the devil...

About the rockets first:
The "launchcontrol" is located on the right vertical panel - it's the one with the eight somewhat colourful buttons in two rows. When you put up the switches next to them, each button will fire a rocket/flare (officially "rocket") with the corresponding button-colour. They're meant to either show that you're in distress (green/yellow/red) or to lighten a potential area for an emergency landing at night (white) :shock: . Side note: In the real plane, the launch-slots are loaded with different rockets on ground and the button-colours on the "launchcontrol" are adjusted accordingly by turning the screws. In our plane (as long as the switches are down), we can adjust the colour in-flight(!) by using the scrollwheel or the MMB on the screws - So ours is better!

About the lights:
Yes, there are working instrument lights, you can adjust brightness for each panel with, I think, all over 12 knobs: 3 on the left vertical panel, 2 on the right horizontal panel, 2 on the overhead, 3 on the eletrics panels and 2 on the navigator's panel. They all look the same, easiest to find are the two in front of the GPK-52 compass on the right horizontal panel.
Or do you really mean "cabin" lights? Well, not really... There is a switch (the rightmost one under the captain's panel) to turn on cabin lights to "normal" (white) and "emergency" (red) mode, but all it does is to lighten the flood lamps on the ceiling themselves, the lamps don't lighten anything... :oops:
Landing lights are there, as well as NAV-lights and strobes - they are yet only working with FG 2020.4, not with stable 2020.3, as they are "Compositor" lights. When you have 2020.4, the switches are - from left to right - number 4,5,6,7 under the middle panel.

About the electrics:
Loading the batteries is not implemented yet, because unloading them is not implemented yet, (n?)either. One of them always delivers 24.2V, the other one 24.7V, whatever happens. So when you mean that they always look "undervoltage" to you, that's normal. When you mean something else, please write!

Most clickable items have "tooltips", so when you enable them, this may help (if you haven't anyway!)

Thank you for hinting me at some points: That reminds me that I should spend much more time on the manual... My initial plan was to complete all new work on the An-24B and commit these changes in a few weeks together with an updated manual; Maybe I'd better use this rainy weekend to update the manual to match the current state of the plane first! :)

Ciao,

Adrian
Maerchenprinz

Callsign: Adrian

Postby psyduck » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:35 pm

thank explanations are very clear.
psyduck

Postby psyduck » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:30 pm

i can't restart engines in flight. there is a special procedure ?

cant select APU for elecric alimentation:

psyduck

Return to Flying