Board index FlightGear Support Flying

"plz help I can't get chatter to stop.  Topic is solved

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

"plz help I can't get chatter to stop.

Postby SkyPimp69 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:45 am

Ever since I started using ATC IT NEVER STOPS . No matter if the power in the plane is on, what airport I am in or anything I do to the COM radio. I downloaded the Red Griffin ATC , make be that would help right? Nope now I got both of them going to town but at least I can stop the Red Griffin. But the built in ATC don't respond to that ATC ,. It just chatters away no stop. How can I stop it plz.
SkyPimp69

Callsign: NC520W
Version: 2019.1.1

Re: "plz help I can't get chatter to stop.

Postby Thorsten » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:38 am

ATC chatter is no longer distributed by default with FG. So what exactly are you hearing - ATIS?
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:56 pm

this almost sounds like the OP is hearing the tower/ground talking to the AI craft... the easy fix is to tune off of those frequencies but that negates the red griffin usage... that means that one would need to turn off AI so they and the AI traffic controller are not talking between themselves so much... the AI talk can be noisy at large busy airports... especially when you have a bunch of craft starting up and heading out... i find it disconcerting that the text completes long before the voices and all you can do is let the voice buffer empty or turn off the AI...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wlbragg » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Look at File/Sound Configuration/ATC?
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby SkyPimp69 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:58 pm

it is ATIS but no matter what I do it wont stopn ( volume down, change freq, nothing. so i have to mute the whole thing
Mark A. Rivera Sr.
SkyPimp69

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:04 am

ATIS usually responds to frequency changes though...

Maybe you have a plane which has two coms defined (the second usually is tuned to ATIS) but only one accessible in the cockpit? In that case, it'd be hard to silence, but in all other cases I've managed.
Thorsten

Postby WoodSTokk » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:27 pm

You can the frequency change in the radio dialog (F12).
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:39 pm

@SkyPimp69: please tell us which craft you are trying to use and where you got it from...

telling us the full FG version would be helpful, as well...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby SkyPimp69 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:45 am

I finally figured it out and am able to fly in peace. I don't mind it sometimes but when i am trying to learn something new, (all new to me) it annoying. thanks a lot for everyone's input.
Mark A. Rivera Sr.
SkyPimp69

Postby SkyPimp69 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:51 am

i do have a new questions tho, I am using FG 2019.1.1 , and trying to figure out the helicopters . Every time i try to take off it spins to the left and flips over. I have tried to supper stallion all the way to the Eurocopters and same thing. I am using a Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO flight stick. doesn't matter what i have tried so far, which isn't much I am new to this, but same result. I have tried adjusting the trim, taking off real slow....as soon as my wheels leave the ground , it spins and flips. i don't have any problems with normal planes , just the choppers. any ideas on what i may be doing wrong?
Mark A. Rivera Sr.
SkyPimp69

Postby SkyPimp69 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:53 am

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:56 pm:this almost sounds like the OP is hearing the tower/ground talking to the AI craft... the easy fix is to tune off of those frequencies but that negates the red griffin usage... that means that one would need to turn off AI so they and the AI traffic controller are not talking between themselves so much... the AI talk can be noisy at large busy airports... especially when you have a bunch of craft starting up and heading out... i find it disconcerting that the text completes long before the voices and all you can do is let the voice buffer empty or turn off the AI...

you EXACTLY RIGHT I DISABLED THE AI AND IT STOPPED.
Mark A. Rivera Sr.
SkyPimp69

Postby Thorsten » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:10 am

i don't have any problems with normal planes , just the choppers. any ideas on what i may be doing wrong?

Offhand I'd say you're probably holding your stick neutral whereas you actually should move it to compensate the motion that will flip you. The trick is to make the helicopter 'light' on the skids and see what it tries to do, adjust your stick accordingly so that it stops doing it, and only then lift off.

Expect to lose at least the first two dozen helicopters learning how to properly take off - it's not an easy thing to master.
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:45 pm

SkyPimp69 wrote in Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:45 am:I finally figured it out and am able to fly in peace. I don't mind it sometimes but when i am trying to learn something new, (all new to me) it annoying. thanks a lot for everyone's input.

what was the solution?? others may have the same problem and your solution might work for them, too...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:50 pm

SkyPimp69 wrote in Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:53 am:
wkitty42 wrote in Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:56 pm:this almost sounds like the OP is hearing the tower/ground talking to the AI craft... the easy fix is to tune off of those frequencies but that negates the red griffin usage... that means that one would need to turn off AI so they and the AI traffic controller are not talking between themselves so much... the AI talk can be noisy at large busy airports... especially when you have a bunch of craft starting up and heading out... i find it disconcerting that the text completes long before the voices and all you can do is let the voice buffer empty or turn off the AI...

you EXACTLY RIGHT I DISABLED THE AI AND IT STOPPED.

excellent!

if you want the AI enabled, you have to tune off the ATC tower and/or ground frequencies but you'll still get all the text of the speech on the top of the sim screen... yes, the AI needs a lot of love but once they're all loaded and take off, the problem reduces quite a lot and only comes around when they are doing their normal scheduled flights... the ones you catch at the beginning are the traffic manager catching up with the backlog... it is a bit yuck right now but it is the current best we have...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Johan G » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 pm

SkyPimp69 wrote in Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:45 am:I finally figured it out and am able to fly in peace. I don't mind it sometimes but when i am trying to learn something new, (all new to me) it annoying. thanks a lot for everyone's input.

wkitty42 wrote in Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:45 pm:what was the solution?? others may have the same problem and your solution might work for them, too...

Mandatory xkcd (#979: Wisdom of the Ancients):

Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Next

Return to Flying