Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Unable to toggle Fuel Tanks using "j" in IDG-PA28 Warrior II

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Unable to toggle Fuel Tanks using "j" in IDG-PA28 Warrior II

Postby xen_steda » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Hello, I have been unable to use the keyboard command to toggle between the left and right fuel tanks on the IDG Piper PA 28-161 Warrior II (an awesome model!). I see that the documentation says to use "j" to toggle but nothing happens when I press it.

There is another default command for "j" in the main Flightgear controls section for Raising Spoiler. I changed that to "o" and tried the fuel tank toggle and still nothing worked. I am able to toggle the fuel tanks by using the Control Panel Menu but it is not the most convenient or realistic method.

How can I get the fuel tank selector key to actually work? I'm on Windows 10 in case that helps. Thanks for any help!

Edit: This has been fixed in the recent update pushed by the dev team, thanks!
Last edited by xen_steda on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
xen_steda

Re: Unable to toggle Fuel Tanks using "j" in IDG-PA28 Warrio

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:27 pm

did you try using a capital "J"?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:38 pm

Assuming you use the PA28 from FGAddon ( the successor of the IDG-PA28 ), this was caused to the binding using an old property. It should be fixed in the latest version (pushed today).
D-ECHO

Postby xen_steda » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:03 pm

D-ECHO wrote in Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:38 pm:Assuming you use the PA28 from FGAddon ( the successor of the IDG-PA28 ), this was caused to the binding using an old property. It should be fixed in the latest version (pushed today).

Hi there, if I uninstall the plane from the Flightgear 2019.1.1 Aircraft GUI hangar would the reinstalled plane be the new version you are talking about? Thanks for being part of the dev team of this great plane by the way!
xen_steda

Postby Knüppelrührer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:35 pm

the aircraft is marked as "update" in the fgaddon (the hangar in flightgear itself). just update it and it should work
Knüppelrührer

Version: 2019.1.1

Return to Flying