Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Flying With Keyboard

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Flying With Keyboard

Postby Ron Swerdfeger » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:47 pm

I always fly with keyboard and all is fine if I use version 2017.3 or earlier using the Cessna 172P. With every version after 2017.3 the aircraft veers off drastically to left making flight almost impossible. I try to compensate with keyboard rudder, aileron, elevator commands but the aircraft almost always goes out of control. Same happens on 4 different computers. Remember: Using ver. 2017.3 or earlier, no problem flying with keyboard.
Ron
Ron Swerdfeger

Re: Flying With Keyboard

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:24 pm

the craft, itself, has been fixed over the time from 2017.3 to today... some of the flight factors were wrong and have been corrected...

i, too, generally fly with keyboard... when flying the c172p, once i get off the ground, i immediately turn on the AP which starts in "wings level" mode and holds my climb rate so my next step is to immediately adjust my climb rate so as to not stall... once i have the craft under AP control, i just use the heading bug to fly on where i want to go...

IIRC, there is now also some trimming capabilities to counter this left turn situation... you can tweak the rudder trim which is a metal tab on the rudder itself... there may be a control in the menu but i don't recall...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Flying