Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Rudder problem with Cessna CitationX when using mouse

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Rudder problem with Cessna CitationX when using mouse

Postby Curtis » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:25 am

Hello,

I use flightgear 2019.1.1 on archlinux, and the cessna CitationX
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Cessna_Citation_X

I notice that after starting the engines the rudder doesn't move on cessna Citation X (I use the mouse and the "--enable-auto-coordination" option), only the ailerons move,

and the rudder moves only if the engines are not started, the problem occurs only with the mouse, if I use a joystick then I can control the rudder

it's the third aircraft (after F-14 and F-15) which has a problem with controls :
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36731

On previous versions of flightgear there were no bugs with cessna CitationX about rudder.
Does it mean that flightgear 2019.1.1 is not ready for general use ?

I didn't try flightgear 2019.2 RC version, perhaps this version has less bugs than 2019.1.1, if yes then I suggest to developers to remove 2019.1.1 and upload instead the 2019.2 version, or a nightly version.

Some aircrafts like C172P don't have problem with rudder/ailerons when using the mouse as input controller.
Curtis

Re: Rudder problem with Cessna CitationX and flightgear 2019

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:06 am

How you control the aircrafts?
I'm flying with keyboard and mouse and the rudder of the Citation X is allways moving as it should.

EDIT:
The latest stable release is 2018.3.4.
We have a realy weird bug since 2019.1 and try hunting down since months.
Thats the matter why there is no stable release 2019.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Re: Rudder problem with Cessna CitationX when using mouse

Postby Curtis » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:22 am

I don't use my keyboard for controlling ailerons and rudder, I use the mouse (press tab in order to have a cross cursor on screen),

and the option "--enable-auto-coordination", with this option the rudder must move automatically when you turn the ailerons to right or left with the mouse :

Code: Select all
fgfs --aircraft=CitationX  --enable-auto-coordination  --disable-real-weather-fetch --enable-clouds  --enable-clouds3d   --bpp=32 --timeofday=noon --prop:/sim/rendering/multi-sample-buffers=true --prop:/sim/rendering/multi-samples=0 --prop:/sim/rendering/multithreading-mode=AutomaticSelection --prop:/sim/ati-viewport-hack=false

with flightgear 2019.1.1 and Cessna CitationX the rudder is "stuck" as soon I start the engines and make a take-off, which means that during taking-off I can not turn right or left when the plane rolls on the runway,
for me the only solution for controling the rudder is to use a joystick,

to reproduce the problem : use the mouse and "--enable-auto-coordination" option, and try to take off with the Cessna CitationX, you will not be able to move the rudder (with the mouse) when the plane rolls on the runway,

I thought that it may be a corrupt configuration parameter in my /home/<login>/.fgfs/aircraft-data/CitationX.xml file, but after deleting this file the problem is still here.
Curtis

Re: Rudder problem with Cessna CitationX when using mouse

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:32 am

I also use the mouse (TAB to control mode) for controls, but i dont use auto-coordination.
I control the rudder with pressing the left mouse button.
You are right, the auto-coordination on the Citation X looks broken.
I have also tested with the Citation II and on that aircraft it works.
Must be a bug on the Citation X. Will forward this bug report to the developer.
Thanks for reporting.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Return to Flying