Board index FlightGear Support Flying

downloading airports.

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

downloading airports.

Postby henkvveldhoven » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:21 am

Hello everybody. Till now I have flown on honolulu en san francisco airport. Living in Holland I like to fly on Schiphol airport. I went to the menu "download airports"and search for "Schiphol" After that I download the airport and thought, ok it is there. I pressed flying. Unfortunately I can get no scenery and even the plane "Extra 500" does not work. I obviously do something wrong, but I don't know what. Could somebody help me out?
I work with Windows 8.1. and Flightgear 2019 1.1.
henkvveldhoven

Re: downloading airports.

Postby dilbert » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:47 am

Did you have automatic scenery downloading selected in the start-up menu? Was an overhead view of the Schiphol runways displayed after selection and before you clicked fly?
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 2018.3.5

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:25 pm

the depiction of airports in the location tab in the launcher should always work since that data comes from the apt.dat and thus the navdata cache database...

the real question is if the scenery is downloading via terrasync or has been downloaded and properly installed before hand...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Giorgoman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi there,
I fly the extra 500. All is working perfect - but there is only one thing.... the Com Radios are turned on, but I get no ATIS and with Red Griffins Addon it says, "no radio turned on". In Instrumentation ingame the radios have electric power, but still don´t work. The NAV´s are working as they should....
Download the version of extra 500 for 18.1. - this one is working ( the one for 19.1. have problems with the left LH IFD and the speed as well the attitude on the IFD-LH.
I found out, that when I switch the fuses on the lower left panel "IFD-LH-A + IFD-LH-B" to "OFF. then the right IFD appears immediatelly and is working, then I switch both fuses back in and the left IFD starts now too.... - as I wrote, the only thing wich is not working is the Com Radio. I wrote to the Support/Aircraft/system, but no response till now... :cry:

I hope this helps you a little bit.......

regards
Giorgoman
Giorgoman

Callsign: E-XTRA
Version: 2019.1.2

Return to Flying