Board index FlightGear Support Flying

1979 Piper Warrior

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: 1979 Piper Warrior

Postby Robertfm » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:45 am

I have noticed that the auto pilot trim doesn't respond to inputs, where as the the one on the IDG 28 does. I will try your suggestion. Also the \HUD does work, what am I looking for specifically there are 4 axis if my memory serves me correctly.

Edit: I did as you suggested. With the Hud active with the stick at rest the various axis appear centred. Although when I press 5 the aileron shifts very slightly but elevator is fine.

However when I press 5 before switching off AP the plane doesn't ballooning, it merely dips very slightly. Is there anything I can do to correct the fault. When I calibrate using joy.cpl everything looks fine. Is it the Joystick or the sim.
Robertfm

Callsign: RFM1
Version: 2020.3.11

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:57 pm

i'm not sure i'm understanding what you've written...

i think you are saying that if you hit the '5' and then turn off the AP as i suggested, you are not seeing the ballooning...

i'm really not sure where the problem is if this seems to handle it for you... it could be something in the interaction of AP code when it turns off and the FDM may have to switch to using other properties... it depends on the properties used and i haven't attempted to dig into any of that code to see... others are in a better position to do that and/or to suggest certain properties to monitor...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Robertfm » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:14 pm

You've understood correctly. I was simply asking if there is a solution and asking if it was the Sim or my Joystick. Given it doesn't happen on all Kap140's I have to assume it's the Sim for some reason. As I said earlier it does it in the IDG28, but not in the Navion or the Lancair

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water..... pressing 5 has overcome the ballooning. Just taking off from EGPK rotated got to 500 switched to AP for Rol hold as I have done numerous times and the plane flipped over and crashed.
Robertfm

Callsign: RFM1
Version: 2020.3.11

Previous

Return to Flying