Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Radar isn't being enabled

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Radar isn't being enabled

Postby mgrace31 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Hello!
I'm flying an F16 (simplified) on Flightgear 2018.3.1 on Windows 10. I've been trying to get the target tracking working to no avail. I don't believe my radar is working properly. "Radar: disabled as no ownship position" is being continuously printed to my console. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I've found that the error message is coming from awg_9.nas in f16/Nasal

EDIT: I used f16b52 instead and got the error message "[ERROR] Radar system missing or unitit (frame notifier)".
Any ideas as to why this is happening? I tried the same setup on another computer and got the same error message
Last edited by mgrace31 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgrace31

Re: Radar isn't being enabled

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:57 pm

where did you get this craft from?
i ask because it may be that you need to get a newer version or possibly one from an official site... it depends on what you have, though...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Radar isn't being enabled

Postby mgrace31 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Thanks for the response! It's the one from the official site. (I'm assuming http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/ftp/Aircraft/ is the official site). And as far as I can tell it's the newest version
mgrace31

Return to Flying