Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Auto refueling

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Auto refueling

Postby Robertfm » Fri May 24, 2019 11:55 am

enrogue wrote in Thu May 23, 2019 8:35 pm:The command line option is --enable-fuel-freeze

You can add it to the Additional Settings section in the Settings tab of the Launcher

Doesn't seem to work, fuel still depleting according to the Fuel page. Should there be =??? on the end.?
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri May 24, 2019 11:59 am

That is all I seek but you either mock or are condescending.

You'll be hard-pressed to provide any actual evidence for mocking - I very much try not to do that and I resent the accusation.

As for condescending - as I said, my questions are as genuine as yours, I've explained to you why I ask them - there's a gap of knowledge between us in FG internals and I surely won't deny that, but there's no malice on my side, if you ask and answer in good faith, so will I, if you do not, then you'll sooner or later find help in short supply here.

And I'd kindly draw your attention to the fact that you've been using rude wording like 'arrogant prick' - I've not used any such language in this conversation.

I have read your engagement with others who appear as knowledgeable as you but you put them down in a similar manner.

Appearances can be very deceiving though (there's no shortage of people who talk as if they're very knowledgeable in the internet, but there is a shortage of people who have knowledge and apply it to actually solve problems...) - that's all I can say without knowing what specifically you refer to.

Anyway - your rude language is out of place here, but should you wish it, I'll happily spend my time not dealing with any of your questions (and leave you to discover that I am by far the most likely person to successfully analyze things like the fogging issue you describe since it's my code).
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Fri May 24, 2019 12:06 pm

So no one understands your code. I see.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri May 24, 2019 12:18 pm

Actually, most developers don't even visit the forum because they're tired of interacting with users who use rude language when they don't get what they want or know everything better.

And understanding the code is not the issue - it's working fine here and elsewhere. Straightforward bugs in rendering hardly ever get committed - usually they're subtle issues with option settings or interactions with particular drivers.

So no, you don't 'see', sorry to say so.
Thorsten

Postby Johan G » Fri May 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Robertfm wrote in Fri May 24, 2019 11:42 am:[...] I don't need to know what's under the hood to drive a car. I rely on my garage technicians for that.

The difference is that the "mechanic" in this case is not under the hood of your car, but instead is behind a computer screen somewhere else in the world. His ability to solve your problem, preferably by replicating it on his "car" so he can debug it and fix it instead of guessing around, is solely depending on how well you can describe the computer hardware, FlightGear version used, settings used and how symptoms of the issue is showing. :|

Unless he have similar issues on his own computer, or note that you for example use a graphics card which is known to cause issues (like some integrated Intel cards), he will always assume the issue is mainly due to settings on the computer with issues (which is quite common) and try figure out the problem from that direction.

Robertfm wrote in Fri May 24, 2019 11:55 am:
enrogue wrote in Thu May 23, 2019 8:35 pm:The command line option is --enable-fuel-freeze

Doesn't seem to work, fuel still depleting according to the Fuel page. Should there be =??? on the end.?

Somewhere in the property tree, there is a enable-fuel-freeze property, probably under /sim/
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby Robertfm » Fri May 24, 2019 1:18 pm

So my graphics card may be to blame. It is the recommended graphics card for gamers by gamers. It was selected for that reason by my expert gaming son, who is an expert computer programmer so forgive me for feeling a little aggrieved at that. Also I checked the FG list of graphics card not to have and it wasn't in there.

As for the fuel issue do I find that in Property Browser under debug.
Robertfm

Postby enrogue » Fri May 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Yes its the property browser - you should be able to get this up by hitting / as well

/sim/freeze/fuel is the property
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Postby Icecode GL » Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Assuming you meant you have a 1060, I have a 1060 as well and I don't have any issues.
Icecode GL

Callsign: icecode
Version: GIT

Postby Robertfm » Fri May 24, 2019 1:52 pm

No I meant 1660 well at least that is what it says in the specs. I found this in property browser under freeze what do I actually change to see if that works.
Robertfm

Postby Icecode GL » Fri May 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Apparently the 1660 is a thing. These companies making new models every 6 months with even more confusing names... oh well, my bad.
Icecode GL

Callsign: icecode
Version: GIT

Postby enrogue » Fri May 24, 2019 2:00 pm

ctrl click on fuel to toggle it or if that doesn't work click on it then set to true then click set
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Postby Johan G » Fri May 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Edit: Enrouge beat me to it.

Robertfm wrote in Fri May 24, 2019 1:52 pm:what do I actually change to see if that works.

Push a [Ctrl] key on your keyboard and left-click the property.* You could also write true in the yellow text box and press the [Set] button.

* See also the tricks and trips section of the property browser article (permalink) on the FlightGear wiki.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby Robertfm » Fri May 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Thanks for that it worked, no fuel burnt. Whilst you are here I entered code to override volumes on Nav1 after kind advice and it have been working fine. Until today on a particular plane. Piaggio which is an easy plane to fly and very responsive however although I set the Nav1 it doesn't appear in the planes radio and doesn't give the Morse when in range.

Will this just be an anomaly with that plane. It still works on all other planes.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri May 24, 2019 3:14 pm

So my graphics card may be to blame.

We never got to the point of diagnosing anything, so we don't know.
Thorsten

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri May 24, 2019 3:22 pm

This will not work on all planes. As example the Citation II has a audiopanel that is also taken into account.
If the NAV1 switch on audiopanel is set to OFF, you can rise the volume as much as you want. You will not hear the morse code.
Can be that the Piaggio has also a switch somewhere in the cockpit (normally direct at a audiopanel) that must be set to ON (or HEADPHONE or SPEAKER).
WoodSTokk

Callsign: OE-WST
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2018.3.1

PreviousNext

Return to Flying