Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Auto refueling

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Auto refueling

Postby Robertfm » Fri May 24, 2019 3:47 pm

I clicked on buttons but nothing seems to work. The is a lower Comms panel that is on. I set the Nav frequency but nothing happened. I'll have a good look around. Thanks
Robertfm

Postby wkitty42 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:41 pm

Robertfm wrote in Fri May 24, 2019 9:53 am:You arrogant [...]

FWIW: he's not being arrogant... he is being truthful... deep knowledge of how the sim works internally truthful... that and a bit of humor thrown in... it grows on ya... eventually :)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Robertfm wrote in Fri May 24, 2019 11:55 am:
enrogue wrote in Thu May 23, 2019 8:35 pm:The command line option is --enable-fuel-freeze

You can add it to the Additional Settings section in the Settings tab of the Launcher

Doesn't seem to work, fuel still depleting according to the Fuel page. Should there be =??? on the end.?

find your fgfs.log file in your user appdata roaming flightgear directory and look in it... you should find a section at the top listing all the variables passed to the sim on start up... they'll look something like this...

Code: Select all
    6.13 [INFO]:general         option:prop = /sim/paths/screenshot-dir=/home/myuser/Pictures/flightgear
    6.13 [INFO]:general         option:prop = /sim/replay/tape-directory=/home/myuser/.fgfs/Export
    6.13 [INFO]:general         option:prop = /sim/time/warp-easing=false
    6.13 [INFO]:general         option:enable-fuel-freeze =             <<<<-------------------------------------- this is the fuel freeze
    6.13 [INFO]:general         option:prop = /sim/rendering/shaders/custom-settings=true
    6.13 [INFO]:general         option:prop = /sim/rendering/shaders/clouds=0
    6.13 [INFO]:general         option:prop = /sim/rendering/shaders/landmass=6
    6.13 [INFO]:general         option:prop = /sim/rendering/shaders/transition=6

if you don't see that in your log file, be sure that you entered the setting in the additional settings box with two dashes and no spaces... --enable-fuel-freeze
all settings properties sent to the sim use two dashes for their prefix...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Robertfm » Fri May 24, 2019 8:05 pm

I resolved that on page 2, although I had the correct code in front page settings it hadn't change false to true in Properties in Debug. I changed that and it now works but I have noticed I seem to have to do it for each plane. So earlier concerns expressed would clearly not be an issue in big planes, as it is not an auto setting.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri May 24, 2019 8:34 pm

So earlier concerns expressed would clearly not be an issue in big planes, as it is not an auto setting.

It's not a persistent setting if you change it in the property browser every time, but that's a rather... odd and cumbersome way to set properties, and if you add it to the commandline (works fine here, possibly a typo on your side). the launcher or a config file it would in essence become persistent.

So please try to see the big picture before you start commenting on concerns of people who know more about the issue than you do. Thanks.
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Fri May 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Wasn't aware I had addressed my comment to you. As for typo. Nope it's exactly as it was shown, I copy pasted it.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri May 24, 2019 8:43 pm

Wasn't aware I had addressed my comment to you.

I wasn't aware that had any relevance since you clearly referred to earlier concerns which are valid independent on who expressed them.

As for typo. Nope it's exactly as it was shown, I copy pasted it.

Again, works fine here, so you may entertain any theory you like why it doesn't work for you :D

Edit: It is possible that the syntax of the shorthand was changed after last stable (I don't recall what came out of the discussion) - but the --prop:/path/to/property=value format would still work.
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Robertfm wrote in Fri May 24, 2019 8:39 pm:Wasn't aware I had addressed my comment to you.

it is an open forum... anyone can comment or (try to) provide an answer or ask questions to try to help debug the problem...

Robertfm wrote in Fri May 24, 2019 8:39 pm:As for typo. Nope it's exactly as it was shown, I copy pasted it.

can you provide a screen shot of your launcher's "Additional Settings" page, please? you'll have to upload the screen shot to a hosting site like imgur and then provide a link here so we can see it...

ahhh, i think this was fixed some time ago but when you exit the sim, do you use the 'X' in the corner or the actual "quit/exit" option? IIRC at one time, using the 'X' was not good as it just slams the door shut whereas using the actual "quit/exit" option allows the sim to properly save persistent settings... the same goes for the launcher...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Previous

Return to Flying